So where's the next video....???

Join a discussion, suggest suitable subjects, or ask Mike questions about the videos.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

So where's the next video....???

Post by Mike Sibley »

I owe you all an explanation for the production delay. I have one video scripted, all the graphics made, and ready to film and animate, I'm halfway through writing the next video, and putting together the next two.

Three things have coincided:
  • I've replaced Photoshop with Affinity Photo, which I'm learning to use.
  • I'm replacing Premiere Pro with DaVinci Resolve that I'm also learning.
  • I'm switching my HP workstation for a new super-computer.... and that's the problem.
I ordered a £2k video editing computer. For those who want to know, it has an i9 processor with 1TB and 2TB m.2 SSD drives. But... the builders built it to an earlier spec (no second SSD). When I turn it on it trips the studio's power circuit breaker. And, the biggest problem, it has constant static on the audio, which makes quality video editing impossible.

It's being returned to base on Monday.

In the meantime, I'll put the old system back together and start to put the videos together.

The first will be a general video for YouTube: USING FIXATIVE and REMOVING SHINE

The Next DWM video is AN INTRODUCTION TO NEGATIVE SPACE
Then (as yet untitled)
USING NEGATIVE SPACE 1
USING NEGATIVE SPACE 2

Then we move onto NEGATIVE DRAWING.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Re: So where's the next video....???

Post by Laurene »

Sounds like a nightmare Mike! We all appreciate all of the effort that goes into making these videos. Take your time with this - we’ll be here when you’re done!😀