"Tiger&Mystery Flower" - FINISHED

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Tiger&Mystery Flower (WIP)

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:12 pm ...and I'm really looking forward to following you every step of the way ;)
I just was reading through the posts, and suddenly I realised I missed to mention the reply for you dear Mike?!
I'm sorry...
Your presence at this forum is unmissable.
I feel honoured having you aside of my art way...
Thank you dear friend.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Re: "Tiger&Mystery Flower" - FINISHED

Post by PogArtTi »

FINISHED
"Tiger&Mystery Flower" 23-XII-2020
12"/16" Arches Aquarelle Watercolour Paper

It took me longer, than expected, but it's very unique art to me.
For first time I did include my imagination into the drawing.
*The idea was to make the breathe of the Tiger become to life.
To form it into as a Mystery Flower, that appears at a front of surprised Tiger...
The meaning of the flower is unpredictable, whether it's the good or the bad, we don't know.
The Tiger will must accept what the flower predicts, as we all are left without the choice.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Totally magical!!!

In a way that allows me to apply my own meaning.

And with a tiger that is both detailed and realistic without it being the complete focus of the piece. There's a lovely sense of overall balance and something to see wherever I look.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:59 am There's a lovely sense of overall balance and something to see wherever I look.
I couldn't have ask for more appreciate words dear Mike ...
I'm very happy you was following the progress, and you like the final art as well...
When I begin I didn't know what direction I'm heading...
Your opinion means a lot, and tells me I did draw it just ok to not feel ashamed of what I've done.
I like it very much, and I think I just have found me myself, the direction I like to go regarding the arts to express my feelings ...
Thank you very much!

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

I love your drawing! It really takes me in and makes me think of different meanings! The tiger is so realistic. To me, he is breathing in life and beauty (not breathing out). Just wonderful1!!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

kwheller wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:22 pm I love your drawing! It really takes me in and makes me think of different meanings! The tiger is so realistic. To me, he is breathing in life and beauty (not breathing out). Just wonderful1!!
Such a touching comment!
Thank you very much 😁
It looks like my experimental drawing turned out to be very appreciated, that means a lot to me 😊
I'm usually drawing relaying on the reference photo, where in this case I laced free my imagination, having not reference at a front of my eyes of the breath or the flower, just straight out of my mind, in hope I know what I'm doing 😉
Thank you!

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

You are very welcome. I think this is such a wonderful direction!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you 😊