"Tiger&Mystery Flower" - FINISHED

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Tiger&Mystery Flower (WIP)

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you Mike ๐Ÿ˜‰
YES - I feel I'm heading to NEW ME.
I've never opened that gate, I'm little bit afraid of what is there, but there's no way back.
I'm also moving to a larger format - once again, something I never did.
It's 22"x30" Mike.
I'm going to telling my stories now.
Let see how it goes.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

...and I'm really looking forward to following you every step of the way ;)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

I just love your work! The tiger is beautiful and the cosmic flower with the sparkles is so creative and fascinating! I really appreciate all of your (and others) comments since it really helps us beginners learn from you! I am looking forward to following your work!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

kwheller wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:16 pm I am looking forward to following your work!
You're very kind saying so!
I'm really appreciate ๐Ÿ˜‰ that you like this drawing...
You've mention you're starting back into graphite, and this connects us, as I got back to graphite few months ago too, last July I think ๐Ÿ˜‰
I also been on Mike's workshop ๐Ÿ˜‰
And this is best forum to be, but you already aware of that, aren't you ๐Ÿ˜Š
It is so distinguish from the other forums, because you are surrounded by great knowledgeable artists in here, who are always ready and willing to support you with their wise bunch of advice,so then you can benefit from friendly critique and progress your skills upon it ๐Ÿ‘
I can't wait to see your next drawing ๐Ÿ˜Š
Take care.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

Thank you, you are so kind. I really do think I picked the best forum since I get feedback from Mike and such wonderful artists as yourself. I really appreciate the critiques and encouragement!! I am learning so much from looking at your works and others and reading people's comments. Looking forward to following your work!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you, I didn't deserve your kindness, but it's lifting me up reading your warm words... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I missed a couple of updates Artur including those interesting Sumatran tiger facts, which you know I love! Your drawing is magical and mysterious. I was loving it before, but I like it even more now with the latest details.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: โ†‘Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:02 pm I missed a couple of updates Artur including those interesting Sumatran tiger facts, which you know I love! Your drawing is magical and mysterious. I was loving it before, but I like it even more now with the latest details.
It's always very kind of you, that you follow those updates,and it really doesn't matter if you skip one or two, because I know you'll get familiar with them anytime later ๐Ÿ˜Š
Thank you for keen words!
I did pause on it lately because I was carry on "Mother In Law", but I'm craving to finish the Tiger, so it's just matter of free time to get to it...
I did upgrade the drawing place too!
Now I have a full wall for my drawing space, wow!!!
So this drawing (Mother ... ) is already moved onto the new drawing wall, but the Tiger has to be finished on its old place ... ๐Ÿ˜‰

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Then that grew into including objects, or foliage, or a wall - whatever I felt the drawing needed. And the more I added or altered, purely from memory, the easier I found it. I strongly suspect Linda is finding that too with her Steam Punk drawings.
What you are doing is what I call 'Drawing from the Imagination'. But don't think that means you are making it up or inventing it - what drawing from the imagination means to me is learning to see, experiment, challenge your memory. Imaginative drawing is based on reality and doesn't replace good references, you must know your subject thoroughly first to be able to expand on it and create a new vision from based on it.

Just as you have done here with this magnificent tiger! Well done Pog! It can be scary to leap into the unknown and leave a photo behind, but the results and joy pay off.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:00 pm Just as you have done here with this magnificent tiger! Well done Pog! It can be scary to leap into the unknown and leave a photo behind, but the results and joy pay off.
Well, you made me think of what I'm doing Linda ๐Ÿค”
As the *mystery flower wasn't studied, wasn't prepared by any photo reference research either ... ๐Ÿค”
I just have imagined the way I want it...
Then without planning I started shaping it, *curving it (*I don't like using this word, because its pronounce matching the Polish bad swearing word ๐Ÿ˜…).
I just let my pencil flow over the paper if that's making sense ๐Ÿค”
Now I think I should have THINK more before I started with the strokes on the paper, it might been looking much better then?
All I did, I just let it happen...
No any plan really, just free flow and good will to make it as uneven, as untold and unpredictable shape of something magical ...
I was fully aware I can easily ruin the Tiger drawing again, but at the same time I wanted to take the risk ? ๐Ÿค”
I still don't know if I like it, though ...
But one thing I know for sure - it is very different from my common arts ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thank you Linda...
I think I need to learn how to use imagination, but to feed it with some research first, to make a plan what I like it to be...
It's great advice, thank you Linda...