"Tiger&Mystery Flower" - FINISHED

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Tiger&Mystery Flower (WIP)

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:52 pm I’m so glad you were able to see Michael’s reaction first-hand. It makes all the hard work worthwhile!
That's very true!
There's no money out there to fulfill that emotional moment I saw...
Thank you 😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi dear friends, I'm sorry for suspended progress on the *Tiger...
I was busy working on the other drawing, lol 😉, and I left the Tiger to work on it later unfortunately...
I've been missing to carry on the progress, but at the same time I was spending all my session's time to work on latest commission (The Family).

If you liked to follow this Tiger.., please forgive.

As you know the drawing is based on my imagination&myth rather, than the wildlife art...
So I'm just trying to think a lot about next steps to take, to make it to my likeness, I hope yours as well 😉

I've started changing those little brightened dots of the light into kind of ... no, not stars, but I tried to improve them freely flying around, and make them more noticeable if that's making sense 🤔
I hope you like their appearance at present too?
I've done little improvement around the ear, but I could't carry on longer, as week ago, at last Saturday I hurt my lower back, just happened while I bent over the sofa to check messages on the tablet?!
I couldn't move then, sleep at that night either?!
The next morning I was struggling to get up of my bed, but then later on it easy off...
Till this afternoon!
Lol...
It must be the age hahahaaa 😅
I been attaching the new commission on the board kneeling on the floor..., yes, with bended over body, lol ... BANG!
Here we go again , lol, hahahahaaaa 😅
Take care, stay safe!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.
I love the sparkles! It looks magical now.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:18 am Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.
I love the sparkles! It looks magical now.
Sparkles!, that's right!
Yes, I made those tinny dots, but I've noticed they aren't as much noticeable if look at the drawing from few steps away...
Since I was aware of that, I been thinking what else can I do?
Well...
I wasn't too brave to take a risk, but what if I don't?
I'd never know!
So I did it eventually! 😅
I'm very happy you like it Laurene!

(I didn't go to work today...,lol, when I got up the bed I felt I'm loosing conscious, my wife got scared seeing my condition.
No I'm not in much pain, but I'm thinking three times before I make a move, lol hahahaaa 😅 - THANK YOU!)

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

The final cosmetic touches I guess 🤔
I'm improving the fur details, and keep thinking of the final look of the mystery flower ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

12 AmazinG thingS abOut sUmatraN TigeRs !!!

1. They are the smallest tigers
There are five tiger subspecies and Sumatran tigers are the smallest.

2. They're under threat in the wild
Conservationists estimate that there could be as few as 300 Sumatran tigers left in the wild.

3. Cubs learn to hunt quickly
Tiger cubs will start hunting from as young as one year old, but they’ll stay with their mother until they’re two years old.

4. They've been around for 2 million years!
Fossils of tiger remains in China show that tigers could be over 2 million years old!

5. They love water
Unlike like most of their cousins, tigers love swimming and will frequently cool off by having a dip in nearby rivers.

6. They're unique
No two tigers are ever the same; each has its own unique stripe pattern.

7. They're loud!
A tiger’s roar is so loud that is can be heard from two miles away!

8. They have narrow stripes
Sumatran tigers have the narrowest black stripes of any tiger subspecies. This is because they are ambush predators in the Indonesian jungle and need to blend in amongst the thick vegetation.

9. They can jump!
Tigers are excellent jumpers. Even when sitting down, a tiger can leap forward 10 metres!

10. They have five different types of whiskers
These whiskers pick up on vibrations their prey makes when moving through the jungle.

11. They have a strong bite
A tiger can bite down with the force of 1000 pounds!

12. The collective noun is a streak
A group of tigers is known as an ‘ambush’ or a ‘streak’.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

And ... a little bit closer to the end 😉

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I love the way this has developed. Although I was dismayed on the 8th... "On no!" I thought, "Artur's overworking the tiger! Stop!!!"

But the 9th proved you weren't - it was just out of focus! Pheeeeeeewwww...... :roll:

I might not personally indulge in... I'm not sure what to call it - fantasy art? Yes, probably Fantasy Art... but I have a great liking for it - visual or written.

This is story-telling on steroids! Whether the story I'm reading matches the story you're telling I don't know, and nor do I think that matters. It's a really emotive piece. And (as usual) carried out with precision, imagination, and skill.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:37 pm I love the way this has developed.
I might not personally indulge in... I'm not sure what to call it - fantasy art? Yes, probably Fantasy Art... but I have a great liking for it - visual or written.
Thank you for very keen comment dear Mike!
It's so nice to hear from you 😉
I was always drawing 100% general wildlife, people or pets, but never such "magic atmosphere".
When I started the tiger, it was meant to be the tiger - it's obvious 😉
Then 🤔...
Out of nowhere I wanted do something else?
You know Mike, I'm not drawing to bin my work, so starting this ...?
Yeah, what is it?
Lol...
Exactly...
At some point I thought it'll be disaster 😅
I've never been good of drawing out of my mind, lol, and this flower is exactly what it is, it was born in my mind, I put it on the paper, and I let my steroids to put a breath into it , the tiger's breath 😅
I'm very happy for your kind, positive feedback Mike.
I'm unsure whether I like it, or not.
It's very different from what I usually do, and this is what I found enjoyable, creating something from my mind 😉
Thank you!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArt wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:52 pm I'm unsure whether I like it, or not. It's very different from what I usually do, and this is what I found enjoyable, creating something from my mind 😉
And maybe it's the beginning of a new direction....

In a way, I progressed in the same way. Not exactly the same way because your departure from normal is rather... BIG :)

I started small. Just making tiny changes. Then that grew into including objects, or foliage, or a wall - whatever I felt the drawing needed. And the more I added or altered, purely from memory, the easier I found it. I strongly suspect Linda is finding that too with her Steam Punk drawings. And my last few dog drawings were virtually all from my imagination - apart from the dogs... they needed to be accurate, so I had many photos to work from. But the settings were almost pure imagination.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net