"Tiger&Mystery Flower" - FINISHED

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re:Tiger&Mystery flower - (WIP)

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:51 pm The script says I'll be using 8B for the shading. I'll fix that. And then rub with a tissue to see if any can be removed. I'm hoping none can, of course, or I'll have to alter the script and re-record the voice-over :roll: :oops:
I have started new topic Mike regarding this matter...
I hope it might be handy to watch it?
Especially now, when discussion is hot in here ...
So you Mike, and dear girls Laurene and Linda , if you think you like to check the review out - you very welcome, and everybody else 😉
***viewtopic.php?t=219
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Re: Sumatran Tiger - WIP

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm building up the shadows by layering over the fur texture.
I knew it won't be quick process, but it's taking ages lol 😅
I have introduced today the Wolff's Carbon pencil B,2B and 4B.
It's giving very rich blacks, nearly as rich as the Primo E.G 5000.
You can distinguish them on the paper only side to side.
The W's C. under the light appears subtle shiner, nearly not noticeable at all, but the lead is harder in comparison, so last a bit longer for detailed work...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I feel so sorry for leaving it alone for a month...
I was busy to draw the commission "Parents".
I'm full time employed too, and all these pieces together aren't helping to be fresh minded and draw even after working hours...

This is something I need to work on, but how to force myself to drawing after work, if I just feel tired..., and actually resting before the next day shift?

If I only could make myself drawing after coming home, then I could manage to do much more, than at present!
I could progress the commissions, and yet do my own art drawing every day!

Well, this will be my New Year wish 😊😊😊

So the "Parents" are finished - back to the tiger then!!!

I had a good time to think a lot about how to make this drawing.
Forgive me, I don't remember if I mention ever before, but I am willing to express myself rather than copy the references...
I spent too many years of copying...
I'm done.

I am looking for opportunity to sell my thoughts, feelings, emotions rather, than "copy" the reference on the paper.
For too many years I didn't think much of me, as a person who is expressing himself, but of the person who can draw nicely the subjects - if that's making sense...
Every single art I've done includes nothing else, but mainly the oryginal reference!?
You can see my strokes, the way I see, but that's it.
Nothing else.
No any imagination, expression of my emotion, or anything else.

I didn't know what I like.
I was thinking to start drawing the wildlife but in movement, no stationary quiet subjects, but great movement, like hunting the prey, or jumping, fight flying , I don't know how to name it...
I was willing to shake the Earth!
I think those cravings inside of me were looking for the way to come out...

This is the case regarding this tiger.
I don't know where this new path will lead me, but I know I'm happy to take the risk.

Risk - a good word to use regarding this new to me project!
I have no clue how to draw the tiger breath, and yet, build up from that breath the magic flower 😂
Yes, that's right - it's my go for concept plan 😅

Virgin night...
In her abyss is a tiger ...
And the magic flower of the night ...
Whether it's hope, or a cautionary tale?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

If I only could make myself drawing after coming home, then I could manage to do much more, than at present!
I could progress the commissions, and yet do my own art drawing every day!
When I was working full-time and travelling to and from the city (1 to 1 1/2 hours each way) I struggled like you to find time and motivation. I made a deal with myself that NO MATTER WHAT or how tired I was, I would draw every working night except Friday night (pub night) for 1/2 hour. And just draw anything. Surprisingly for me that worked, a strict timetable and that half hour would often stretch into 1 or 2 each night, but even if it ended up only 15 minutes it was worthwhile. And drawing always took my mind away from the hassels of work.
How you would do this with shift work I do not know... maybe even just take a little sketch book with your and draw some ideas in your break?
which brings me to...
I was thinking to start drawing the wildlife but in movement, no stationary quiet subjects, but great movement, like hunting the prey, or jumping, fight flying , I don't know how to name it...
This is great! and the way to think. BUT, you need to get yourself down to the local zoo or wildlife park. You know that sketchbook I was talking about - take it along and sketch those animals from life. Sleeping ones are easiest to start on! :D But when you observe a caged animal you will see it often takes the same route around the enclosure - start by watching and noting. Then pick 5 common spots the animal passes, when it comes to spot 1, draw a few quick lines, then spot 2, 3, 4, 5. don't try and finish the animal, wait for it to return to spot 1 and continue. Drawing from life is essential to understand how your animal moves..

btw... your tiger is great and I love the concept of Tiger breath becoming a flower.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

There's a lot of great advice dear Linda!
Drawing from life observation is something I never did to be honest...
And you gave me plenty to think about 😉
And the tip to wait for the animal to get to the same (usually) spot to carry on sketching is so smart!
Personally I don't like Zoo, because I feel too much for animals being there, but I understand the reason - it's we - humans occupying the Earth...
Thank you for your advice Linda!

Regarding my shifts, they're random and vary day by day.
Every day is different.
One day I start at 12 noon and finish 19:30, when I get home it will be around 20:15 if I'm lucky (it's tomorrow duty), and I'm starting before 7am at Saturday...
Can you see my trouble?
If I don't manage to do some drawing tomorrow morning, then I'll miss all day Friday, and I'll be able to draw around Saturday afternoon.
Linda, I can find some time for daily sketching routine (charcoal cats for example), but I meant to do professional drawing on my project, or commission, where I need to be relaxed and in good focus...
The problem I have, is that I'm too tired after work, and my brain is refusing to work anymore 😉

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Shaping, shaping ... the misty flower 😉
And obviously building the fur layers ...

Laurene

Re: Tiger&Mystery flower (WIP)

Post by Laurene »

Looks great Artur! I can tell you're enjoying this one!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:57 pm Looks great Artur! I can tell you're enjoying this one!
Yes, I do 😁
It's something very new to me 😅
And I don't know what I want the flower to be 😅😂😉
Thank you Laurene.

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

And I don't know what I want the flower to be
try several different ones - just do some print outs from the computer. Cut them out and place them in position and see which works the best and suits the shape. Then try and draw something similar. Be careful you get the lighting on the flower correct, it needs to match the light direction used on the tiger.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:13 pm ..."do some print outs from the computer. Cut them out and place them in position and see which works the best and suits the shape. Then try and draw something similar.
Another smart advice!
Thank you!
Be careful you get the lighting on the flower correct, it needs to match the light direction used on the tiger.
The flower is going be on charge in here, it's the flower that will be emitting the light itself Linda 👍