Plein Air at Hanging Rock

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

Plein Air at Hanging Rock

Post by LindasPencils »

I needed to go to Bendigo this week, and on the way home I took a hike up to the top of Hanging Rock. https://walkingmaps.com.au/walk/3668
Whew - thought I was going to die - that hill is steep! I got to the Saddle and wasn't too disappointed that the last 300metres to the Summit had been closed due to Covid. But while I was waiting for my heart to stop trying to leap out of my chest, I sat down and did a small landscape drawing of the rocks and view from the Ampitheatre/Maze.
Method: Initial drawing in Derwent 4B watersoluble graphite then washed to create tone blocks. Once dry Windsor Newton Pan Watercolour washes to add some colours. On top of that Adel Black pen that was also wetted to create interesting blocks of tone and finally, some dry Adel pen for details. Windsor Newton 300gsm Watercolour sketchbook, A5. It took about 45 minutes and a cold bottom to complete.
Hanging Rock b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Re: Plein Air at Hanging Rock

Post by PogArtTi »

I did enjoy you interesting story tale Linda, and I'm appreciate for your drawing share 🤘🤠
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*