"Couples"

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Graphite Pencil masterworks here!

Moderator: ElaineH

PogArtTi

"Couples"

Post by PogArtTi »

I would like to share this lovely drawing I did few years ago...
I have it uploaded on my fb page, but first time in here.

That friend did ask me for commission, he chosen this lovely photo where he's enjoying a good time with his wife on the beach ...

It was a great challenge to draw it nicely.
The shallow water is surrounding them, and his tattoos all around, lol...
I remember it was tough time to follow the tattoo letters and curve them properly on his chest...
As usually it was mobile phone shot, lack of resolution had made me texting my friend to ask what is the writing - because I couldn't see it properly, lol 😁

I tried my best, and this is the final effect of my pencil work.
Any comments and critique very welcome 👍
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Re: "Couples"

Post by Laurene »

I remember this so well Artur. It’s one of your best in my opinion!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thanks ...
It took me great time as well from start to finish, but well worth it as they're keep sharing it on their facebook every time and then 👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

ElaineH

Post by ElaineH »

What an amazing drawing!! I find more detail to admire, the more I look at it. - the reflections in the glass, the metal jewellery, especially her little bracelet. Also the difference between their skin tones and textures where the arms are linked - wow!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

ElaineH wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:55 am I find more detail to admire, the more I look at it.
Thank you so much for your appreciation Mike!
Yes, I tried my very best to draw this portrait as best as I was capable of ...
I'm glad you've mention the difference between their skin tones!
It's not as obvious to spot at first, you need to concider it and somehow expect it first to find out the subtle difference I was trying to achieve 👍
It's been couple of years now, so I don't remember what pencils and what orded I used for their skin tone, but I remember I was adding an extra layer (or more) with some separate pencil over his body...
For the hair I used the *denting technique as well, so firstly I made some indented hair marks, then I've begun covering that area with graphite ...
*(denting technique? - am I naming it correctly?)
I'm very pleased with your comment Mike, thank you very much!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

a very special dawing!
Indenting... or denting...

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:25 am Indenting... or denting...
Yes - INDENTING 😁
I've just had a look on Google, why I haven't before?!
It's indenting technique 👍
Thanks for keen comment Linda 🙂

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

check out my latest spoon drawing in colour pencils to see some insane indenting!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:45 am check out my latest spoon drawing...
I will for sure 👍

Tim8031

Post by Tim8031 »

I am not often taken in by people portraits but this one sucks me in as if I was there so terrific .. all the best Tim