Autumn in Pastel

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

Autumn in Pastel

Post by LindasPencils »

It is Autumn down here in the Southern Hemisphere. Yesterday I woke to my crepe myrtle in golden and red colours. This is the view from my studio window:
window dwm.jpg
And so I drew a slice of the view in Carbethello pastel pencils with touches of Rembrant pastel on Art Spectrum Smooth Colour fix burgundy colour paper. You can see the step-by-steps of this on my blog at: http://lindaweilfineart.blogspot.com/
window final dwm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Re: Autumn in Pastel

Post by PogArtTi »

Thanks for share Linda.
Lovely colours on that tree indeed, I'm not surprise at all, that the beautiful view did trigger you to draw it nicely 👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I wouldn’t have thought of burgundy as a base for this but now I can see why you chose it. The brighter colours like the yellow really pop!

I also went to your blog and the leaf drawings in the May 10th blog are so lovely. I’ve only done a few botanical studies but I’m a great fan and these are beautiful. I always love to see the ones that combine graphite with colour.

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Laurene wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:08 pm I wouldn’t have thought of burgundy as a base for this but now I can see why you chose it. The brighter colours like the yellow really pop!
I also went to your blog and the leaf drawings in the May 10th blog are so lovely....
Choosing a dark background means all your base shadow work is essentially done for you already! You just build on top of that.
And yes, my students/friends have done some really great work for me to put up on my blog. Check out this week's theme of 'Childhood'. I put a little detail of a WIP I am doing there as well. Feel free to make a comment there!

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I’ll drop by to take a look Linda!