Impossible references

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Impossible references

Post by PogArtTi »

Thanks for answer 😁
I think you have succeeded with that dog drawing 👍
It does look very nice to my eye 😁👍

I've never drawn any horse in my life, lol 🤔
How's that can be?!
I love horses very much, I was sent couple of references too from known artist, with given permission to use them - never did!?
This is another thing to work on - horse artwork 😁👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse »

I think you have done a great job Rob, under the circumstances you would never have been able to do a detailed 'finished' piece and I think the sketch route worked really well.
Enjoy the horses!
Bev

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Hey Rob, I think it's great for 10 hours work. Not something I would have even attempted, so well done.

I know your work with horses and now I'm looking forward to those! 6 should keep you busy for a very long while!!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Its always an issue drawing a 'dead' dog - I usually refuse those commissions because I like to take my own photos. But once your wife has committed you, what can you do?
Produce a lovely sketch drawing! With daughter's approval!
You say it is not perfect, but I disagree, it is alive. You have caught a life and soul in this 'quick' 10 hour sketch. Sometimes 'perfection' can be TOO perfect but this work sings.
now do the same thing 6 more times with horses. 😁

RobB

Post by RobB »

Sorry for the delay in replying quick update
the drawing went down well and made the owner cry
many thanks for all popping in and saying hello.
Hey Linda not spoke in ages catch on another thread soon

Cheers Rob

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

and made the owner cry
That's wonderful news Rob.
The drawing has deserved those tears of happyness 👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

JayS

Post by JayS »

I remember doing a commission once that included a dog and a horse that hated each other. That too is an impossible reference. The owner of the dog and horse loved them both and wanted them to be all sweetness and light. They were not. In retrospect it is much better to say no.