"Baby girl"-digital(FINISHED)

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

"Baby girl"-digital(FINISHED)

Post by PogArtTi »

Corel Painter
Limited palette digital oils based on Winsor&Newton Alkyds colour chart.

Well...
After finishing off my latest challenge ("Hope" based on TV movie") I didn't know what next...
Yesterday came up my mind the idea of trying some portrait, and I've chosen the exactly same reference of my niece Hana as for pyrography project (unfinished yet).

The idea in my mind is - to see how bad I am regarding my digital skills ;)
If you remember I used to TRACE all my outlines for last 5 years to make 100% sure the features are very precisely placed.
Free hand sketch was reserved for practice only.
I'm working hard to change that routine,and to encourage myself to stick to free hand sketches regarding my main artwork.

*Free hand sketched outlines.
Blocking with ; burnt&raw umber
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Re: HANA - digital artwork

Post by PogArtTi »

I was so after this learning piece, so I've done some more this afternoon ;)
I'm carry on blocking in , and correcting the facial features while working on ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Today's update for you.
I think I'm done with underlying on the face.
From now on I can begin adding the flesh tones, which will be good challenge again, as I have the reference in B&W only ;)
I have blocked in some background using the knife tool (heavy loaded) to make the picture appear better...
I'm not sure what the background yet, for now I used the texture, but it's temporary ...

* Underlying was done by mixing ; lamp black,Burnt umber, Yellow ochre and Titanium white.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Today I've been trying to apply the flesh tone...
I've mixed Burnt sienna, Naples yellow,Burnt umber,Titanium white.
I used blender to blend applied flesh colours, and I tried to work it out for my likeness.
That's it for today.
Thanks for watching.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Every time a bit more...
I'm keep improving the flesh tone , well - at least I THINK that I'm improving, lol ;)

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi there.
I'm not sure if you enjoy this project so far, it's my first portrait of the baby, so I do understand it won't be as good looking as many would have wish to, but without practice I will not get any farther on my digital learning curve, so please accept it the way it is...
Today I did two sessions for the day, morning and late evening.
I wanted to get her eyes done...
I'm done for today, but I will correct some details yet.
She has blue eyes, and loooong eyelashes too ;)
Yes, I made the eyelashes much dense than supposed to, but I wanted them look this way, to get attract the viewers to her beautiful eyes, to catch the first viewer's look at that focal point.
What do you think?

RobB

Post by RobB »

Bravo

Some layers going into that. I followed a few people mainly from China who do this kind of thing
impressive I wanted ago looks too difficult.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

RobB wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:03 pm looks too difficult.
Thank you again for keen words 👍
It's not easy , you're right, but the difficulty refers to master the drawing program.
If you aren't familiar with the tools, it's very upsetting experience...
But if you're patient enough, and get through those stressful attempts - the things getting better, so you can enjoy it more 👍
I don't know many things yet, I'm crap with layers and settings, so my digital arts suffers at some weak spots, where I didn't know how to proceed...
All I know is that without practice no matter what media you play with, it's always difficult to achieve the look you after 👍
So I'm carry on practising 😁
Thank you.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Not much of progress since last update...
I'm digging into more detailed work , so it takes longer...
I'm imagine the colours of the jacket as you can see, I like the collar to be in blue to compliment her eyes, what you think?
The hat will be in light blue too, but lighter than the collar...
I'm a man, so don't expect me be any good with girls colours, lol ;)

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

This is lovely Artur! I love the soft complexion of her cheeks. I can see that it takes a lot of layering to get this effect.