"Grey Wolf" - digital painting

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Digital or Other non-pencil artwork here!

Moderator: ElaineH

PogArtTi

"Grey Wolf" - digital painting

Post by PogArtTi »

I tried to achieve a calmness of the alone wolf, walking somewhere at the mountains ...
The wolf is nobody.., from nowhere ...
Nothing around him, just quietness, soft wind singing a chilling song, and the wolf just stopping by,being attracted by some smell left over on the snow...
The day is about to wake up...

*I left the bottom rock,the back curved tree a bit blurred, as well as the snow at the back..., it's out of focus to put a main attention to the wolf itself.
I'm hoping that the tree's curve would have help to guide the viewer's eyes to the wolf as well ๐Ÿค”
Also I have made kind of triangle/arrow shape of the place the wolf is standing , using a bit of highlighted snow around that edge ๐Ÿ‘
That "arrow" suppose to guide the attention to the wolf as well ๐Ÿ‘
Thank you for watching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Re: "Grey Wolf" - digital painting

Post by Laurene »

I'm not qualified to give you a proper critique on this Artur. I rely a lot on my instincts, but since you asked I'll try to answer.

Yes, I agree that the tree acts as an arrow directing the viewer towards the wolf and I think it works quite well in that respect. I appreciate that it's out of focus in order to push it back too. Could it have a little more detail, well, yes I suppose so. The ledge that the wolf is standing on isn't very wide, so I can see why someone would expect to have the tree be a little closer to the wolf.

As for the sky, I don't see anything wrong with it at all, in my opinion.

The fur on the wolf is spectacular! Not a word of advice to offer there at all.

I think that critiques are very valuable but in the end the artist has the last word. If you feel happy with your work, I wouldn't let anyone's opinion bother me, including mine. You're always free to accept someone's observations or not.

I think that this is a wonderful digital drawing especially as you've only been at it for a short time! I want to see more!!

PogArtTi

Re: "Grey Wolf" - digital painting

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you a lot.
I know you always very careful choosing your words regarding comments...
It's because you're very experienced artist, you know people, you know how the arts acts, and you understand that the single art is very unique, and there will always be something to like and disloke ...
It's like my father (rest in peace dear)...
He did never like anything I did, yes it's true.
He always wanted me to listen to his advice, because in his opinion it was the proper way of doing things ๐Ÿค”
So we were always arguing, and his nervous character wasn't helping at all ๐Ÿ˜
As an example I can put the approach of choping the logs to make a fire in the kitchen tiled stove...
He tried to force me to hold the axe the way he holds, also to place the log before chopping in his way...
He might had a right, it might had been proper way of doing it just right, I know it, but I felt it doesn't suit me, I couldn't agree, because I did prefer holding the axe a bit different with my hands, also I was placing the log my way for chopping...
I can hear hes risen voice even now ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Why the above example?
Just to show that we are all different, so our preferities ...
What is right for one persone, it might be opposite to the other, and we need to use our great emphaty to understand it.

Couldn't I chop those logs my way?
Yes I could!
There's many people around, many differences as well as many ways to achieve the same target...

I did listen to your lesson Laurene.
It did help a lot.
Thank you ๐Ÿ‘
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*