Nest

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Coloured Pencil and Pastel drawings, or mixed media masterpieces here!

Moderator: ElaineH

LindasPencils

Nest

Post by LindasPencils »

I am not sure if I have shown this previously. It is a work from my 2018 exhibition 'The Mechanial Pencil' and is part of the egg series. I decided all those eggs needed a home, so I created a nest for them to live in.

Paper is 300gsm Stonehenge, Cream tone. Medium is primarily graphite pencil, but the color is Graphitint Chestnut built up using wash of the Graphitint and working over the top with the Staedler Mars Karat Yellow Ocher pencil. A touch of blue pencil in the gears.

Stonehenge paper has a lovely soft, velvety texture that I really enjoyed working on. It was quite absorbant for the wash layers and needed careful control not to soak the paper too much. This is an A3 sheet size.

This is probably one of my favourite works in that series.
Mech nest.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Re: Nest

Post by PogArtTi »

I think if I'm ever ready again to do some tattoo - I'll ask you for permission to use one of your unique arts - or all of them! 😁
Those eggs, and barb wire ... wow!
Every time I'm looking at your steam-punk kind arts, it's giving me feelings that taking me somewhere beyond of just drawn art.
They're mind openers.
Thank you for share 👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I can't help thinking that the egg on the right... is giving birth to all the Steam Punk works that followed :)

And I love the fully three-dimensional barbed wire. Those subtle hints of cast shadow really work tremendously well.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I can see why this is one of your favourites Linda. It’s technically flawless , but what attracts me more to these works is the contrast between what we all recognize as a very warm and delicate subject - in this case bird eggs in their nest - and the cold almost dangerous materials depicted here like the barbed wire. I find myself staring while my brain catches up with what I’m seeing!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Thanks guys.
Yes Laurene, I love that juxtoposition of what should be soft, warm and delicate and creating it in a hard and spikey way. It's kind of fun.