"Chevrolet Z28"-pyrography(FINISHED)

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

"Chevrolet Z28"-pyrography(FINISHED)

Post by PogArtTi »

FINISHED

It's on Poplar wood board, A3 size.
This is my current pyrography challenge 😁
I have promised to "burn" this scrap car for my car mechanic request, and I couldn't refuse it, because it will pay off my car repair 😁
It's parked up outside of his garage, waiting for refurbishing, repair of its body, and engine... you know...
The mechanic has a big wish to make it run again πŸ‘

I'm struggling with smooth shading those flat body panels, to make it as smooth as I've seen on the other artists pyrography artwork.
I bet it's down to my lack of experience πŸ€”
I tried to do reflections on the windscreen and the side window - I'll need to improve it yet.
I'm planning to add the colour too, as I did regarding the latest Bruno the Labrador...
It'll be diluted/washed colour as well, meant to compliment the car, not to overcharge the burning itself...
I've never was tempting to do cars, machines, or any other mechanical gadgets, as I have no heart for it πŸ€”
This is the case regarding this Chevrolet...
Yes, I'm trying to make it nicely, but there's no my heart in it 😁 you can tell 😁
I bet it's my first and last car in my short career ever πŸ˜πŸ‘
How is Linda drawing all those magnificent little screws and other steal made pieces so nicely - I don't know 😁
I'm just waiting for my 4 days off coming (this long weekend) to hopefully finish this car πŸ‘
Thank you for watching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Re: "Chevrolet Z28" 1973 Sharknose - pyrography (WIP)

Post by Laurene »

Oh. there is so much texture and detail to reproduce here. It looks great so far. Keep going!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: ↑Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:11 pm Oh. there is so much texture and detail to reproduce here. It looks great so far. Keep going!
Thank you for encouragement πŸ‘
What I learnt so far is that the burned places are getting lighter in few days πŸ€”
Both on paper or the wood...
I didn't know about it when I started my pyrography adventure, but after making the Hana's cheeks too dark, I nearly did bin it, thinking that I just have ruined it...
My wife did stop me, and she forced me to finish this portrait of Hana anyway, because she likes it and she wants to keep it!
So I left the portrait alone for fewer days, I came back to it afterwards, to surprisingly find out the cheeks looks just ok!?
I questioned myself - what's happened?!
Then I did ask some questions to other artists, and they did confirm this fact, that they do burn their arts a bit more than necessary, just because it's getting lighter after some time 😁

Having that experience I've got habit of leaving the artwork alone for about two days after every each session, to make sure the darks had settled πŸ™‚
Thank you Laurene πŸ‘
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

That's interesting! I didn't know that!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

🀘🀠

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Today's update.
I was tempting to add some colour to it, so I began the colouring today...
The addition is not to replace the wood burn, but to compliment it.
I used diluted Alkyd oils to make the colour kind of washed.
It's just first layer, I'll keep improving it all around πŸ‘
Thank you for watching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Today's update if you interested πŸ‘
Just adding colours to it, I'm trying find out the final look/concept of this piece πŸ€”
Thank you.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Today I was improving the shading on the body, I've improved the dark tones all around the car.
I am tempting to leave it as it is now πŸ€”, I want to avoid too much "colouring", and I wish to keep the paint look "washed" rather than shining, rich colour.
By the way it's pyrography, not the oil painting πŸ‘
I think it's all will look much better once I do the wheels.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi, I have improved the wheels a bit, adding some texture and shading, and I've placed the screwdriver and the hammer at the front of the car...
In my opinion it'll give some extra attraction to the whole picture, and will connect my car mechanic to this piece a bit more.
Those tools will make a suggestion, that this is a scrapped car, waiting for renovation and will suggest the car garage as well, I mean the "fixing" thoughts ...
At least this was the main idea πŸ‘

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

that is one hot car! (pun intended)