"Little Robin" - digital painting

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Digital or Other non-pencil artwork here!

Moderator: ElaineH

PogArtTi

"Little Robin" - digital painting

Post by PogArtTi »

Let me share my second digital attempt please...
After having difficulties to paint the Pasha (Rottweiler) I wanted to go further, and introduce the colour on this second attempt πŸ™‚
I've chosen a little bird sitting on the branch...
I did trace the outlines, then I started blocking in the bird with colours, and so on ... usual way πŸ™‚
Thank you for watching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: "Little Robin" - digital painting

Post by Mike Sibley »

Lovely attention to detail. And I really like the way the right-hand branch is out of focus, creating depth. Given that this is a new medium for you, you're certainly a fast learner :D
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm so grateful for your time spent to write this keen comment.
I must say, that I'm even more appreciate for your attention, because you're great artist, I was honoured to met you face to face in past, and then you're so respectful to write kind words for the digital artwork, the medium which I think is not too much appreciated...
Unfortunately I felt that "cold treating" of my digital arts on fb groups...
Some of fb members did even question - whether it's an art or not πŸ€”
You're a wise person Mike, thank you for letting me post my artwork in here πŸ‘

I'm glad you appreciate the blurred branch, I tried my best to lessen the details πŸ‘, and I tried my best to make the snow look realistic, because it's first time I was painting snow πŸ™‚
I must admit, that working on digital art is much more free, it's because you can try new colour, concept, strokes, and at the next second delete all if you don't like it, without sacryfice anything...
That advantage untights the free creativity locked in the mind, because you are not risking to ruin your artwork,that you spent many days working on, you can try any new ideas at any stage...

I'm working on my tablet the same way I used to on the paper, clayboard, linen canvas or lately on wooden board...
Stroke by stroke I'm working my way to make the piece as best as I can.
I love details, I love my work to look photorealistic...
This is my joy, something that makes me happy πŸ‘

Thank you.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

The background is just as important as the subject in my opinion, and the background here is so soft and out of focus that it complements the robin beautifully.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: ↑Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:41 pm The background is just as important as the subject in my opinion, and the background here is so soft and out of focus that it complements the robin beautifully.
Thank you very much for keen comment Laurene πŸ‘
I do like this background too, it's giving an illusion of some more blurred branches at the back, creating kind of imaginary feeling...
I wish I know what I did to make it this way, lol πŸ˜πŸ‘
Thank you 🀘🀠