I'm new in here 🤘🤠

Welcome to our comfy Lounge - fetch a coffee and plump yourself down on a sofa. This is the place to get to know each other and discuss any subject, art-related or not.
PogArtTi

I'm new in here 🤘🤠

Post by PogArtTi »

I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU to the admin-Thank you very much Mike πŸ‘.
I'm Polish living in UK, I'm 48.
I got into graphite drawing back in 2015, and from that point I went through study of the other mediums as well - pastel pencils, airbrush, oils...
This year I'm fascinated with digital painting and pyrography.
It does look like my art adventure is keep going, exploring new techniques πŸ‘
I hope you'll enjoy to follow my posts in here.
Thank you.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: I'm new in here 🤘🤠

Post by Mike Sibley »

Artur, WELCOME to DWM! You know I'm a fan of your artwork. No matter what media you choose, you always seem to produce astounding results.

Let's see.... you went from pencil, to coloured pencil (I think?), to airbrush... maybe pastel? - then photography, and now pyrography and digital art. But somehow you always manage to grasp the basics immediately and then excel. It's quite dispiriting :)

But it's also wonderful to see you here.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you for kind words again Mike πŸ‘
I need to sort out your thoughts a bit, though 😁
First was the photography, it's started when I was 8 and was given Sigma 8 (coincident ? 😁).
Since then photography is a great part of me, always as an enjoyable hobby, though.
I never was enthusiast to the drawing though πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ‘
It was something easy to do for me, some sketches, drawings for friends or as a homework for school 😁
That was a time of no internet, no social media, nobody could see my drawings, no interest at all πŸ€”, no any friends or art groups to join around ... πŸ€”
Photography on the other hand was opposite.
I was taking camera with me while going places, I joined local photography group, I was happily taking photos, and it was something where I could release some creativity...
Nobody was ever interested in my drawings,but photos instead πŸ™‚
Thus I was never after to study drawing you see πŸ€”
As you know it's started in 2015 when my sister requested to draw memorial of her bellowed cat...
I posted it on my fb page, I received many likes, and this experience did trigger/awaken the will to improve my drawing...
The internet did take greater part in it, and helped me to learn by watching tutorials, and so on...
So it's sorted out - the history of mine in short, lol 😁😁😁

Regarding to - dispiriting πŸ€”πŸ˜
No having any experience other than graphite drawing,probably did lead me craving to explore something more than b&w arts only πŸ€”
I wanted to try using colours - seeing beautiful arts of other artists...
Unfortunately every each time I started practicing new medium - I also started revealing its weaker points, that weren't suit me πŸ€”
Unfortunately those "points" were causing me to leave it,and look for some other medium to try Mike πŸ€”
Therefore nearly for each year I was practicing new medium?!
I guess this is how I'm getting some knowledge and experience, and the more mediums I know, the better I can recognise which one suits me best?
Do I stick to digital arts,or pyrography for longer?
I can't tell yet, but what I already know,is that the digital media is giving me everything at one place, and I never felt like this before.
Pyrography is very intriguing too, it's monochrome like the graphite drawing, but there's something beyond that πŸ€”, and that's attracting me a lot πŸ™‚
Saying that, I can appreciate now, how universal and stunning the graphite drawing is!
So simply medium, but it's amazing at the same time πŸ‘

The above might be the answer why I can't succeed as a full time artist πŸ€”
Instead of focus on one medium to master, I'm jumping around like those frogs you was watching this morning πŸ˜πŸ‘
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Sorry Artur, I was so sure I posted a message here! I just wanted to say welcome and how happy I am that you joined! I’m looking forward to sharing artwork and helping each other improve.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I'm jumping around like those frogs you was watching this morning
They're not jumping now. One's half buried in the gloop in the bottom of the pond. Mrs frog is hiding under the pump. The successful Mr Frog is... well, I pulled his leg thinking he was dead. A head slowly broke the surface, two beady eyes looked at me, and I'll swear I heard something like "Go easy, mate... I've had a hell of a busy night".

And... drumroll please....... for the first time we now have frog spawn in the pond! :P

OK - OK - we're simple folk and easily pleased... :roll:
Mike Sibley

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

A good artist is a good storyteller and you’re the best Mike! Now we all carry the image of you pulling on Mr Frog’s leg while he slowly turns hid beady little eyes on you in mild irritation. :lol:

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:27 pm Now we all carry the image of you pulling on Mr Frog’s leg while he slowly turns hid beady little eyes on you in mild irritation. :lol:
Well, the story continues....

I did a little research last night to discover that, while we often have frogs in the pond, these "frogs" were toads, and our "frog spawn" is toad spawn. So, we had one big lady toad with one little Mr Toad on her back with two hopeful Mr Toads waiting nearby.

Later, as I reported, I found what I believed to be Mr Toad barely alive and I moved his leg (which was surprisingly pale). He responded by lifting his head out of the water and staring at me. BUT...

"This, Watson," murmured Holmes, thoughtfully, "is the intriguing case of 'The Amphibious Chameleon' "

At 1 o'clock this morning he was found dead, on his back, in the bottom of the pond.
He was fully dressed in formal attire, and there were no signs of foul play.
To his right were multiple strands of toad spawn hanging from the plants.
To his left, Mrs Toad, and all other Mr Toads, had departed.

Now, Watson, here's the conundrum...

This morning the body of Mr Toad was removed from the pond.
During the post-mortem examination, two interesting discoveries were made.
It was found that Mr Toad had, below the knee, a broken leg (the partly withered, pale one)

"And," said Holmes, between puffs as he applied a lighted lucifer to his favourite Meerschaum pipe, "Take note of this, Watson...
Mr Toad was a FROG!"
Mike Sibley

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

[/i]
Laurene wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:02 pm Sorry Artur, I was so sure I posted a message here!
Thank you and don't worry Laurene πŸ‘.
I'm feeling like getting back to my home and family 😁

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:05 pm two beady eyes looked at me, and I'll swear I heard something like "Go easy, mate... I've had a hell of a busy night".
hahahahaaaaa 🀣🀣🀣

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: ↑Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:27 pm Now we all carry the image of you pulling on Mr Frog’s leg while he slowly turns hid beady little eyes on you in mild irritation. :lol:
hahahaaaa 😁😁😁