Greeting, introduction

Welcome to our comfy Lounge - fetch a coffee and plump yourself down on a sofa. This is the place to get to know each other and discuss any subject, art-related or not.
Tim8031

Greeting, introduction

Post by Tim8031 »

Hello All. Just wanted to say hi and that I really enjoy this group. I am a leg amputee who rekindled my love of drawing as kind of therapy to combat mental stress of mobility issues. I have always drawn but not consistently due to busy life. Then suddenly had too much time, so got really involved in art. It consumes you and great distraction from mobility frustrations when your in the zone. Unfortunately I may lose another leg this year but I am positive and will continue my artistic journey. I love graphite and charcoal and have recently started to work in color, but monotone work is my favourite. Feel free to comment, critique on anything I post. Will try to post some work soon. All the best. Love the work I've seen so far. TimD

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Greeting, introduction

Post by Mike Sibley »

Welcome, Tim!

Get to work and start uploading - we're dying to see what you're up to ;)

You're right that drawing, when in the zone, is a great distraction. It can help with all manner of problems. There are two things that pull me into the zone - drawing and coding (JavaScript mainly). The only difference is that I can code while I have a migraine but I can't draw with one, just in between attacks - but it's wonderful therapy :)

So, keep drawing. Show us the results. And I sincerely hope life is kinder to you.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

really nice

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you for share your story 👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*