"Bruno the Labrador" - pyrography.

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Digital or Other non-pencil artwork here!

Moderator: ElaineH

PogArtTi

"Bruno the Labrador" - pyrography.

Post by PogArtTi »

I'd like to say HI to everybody πŸ‘
This is my first post, where I'd like to share some of my pyrography efforts...
I decided to get into practicing it, just after I was amazed by some artist, who did share his pyrography arts...
If you aren't familiar at all, it's nothing else but creating arts onto surfaces like wood, paper, leather or such.., with using a heat of the tip of burning tool.
I hope you'll enjoy those burned pieces, as much as I do.

This is my first try to "burn" the dog for my friend.
It's done on the Birch wood board, A4 size.
I did put some slight colour here and there (using dilluted oils) to make this portrait more natural/realistic look...
I hope you like it.
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: "Bruno the Labrador" - pyrography.

Post by Mike Sibley »

You remember when I said you have an innate talent no matter what the medium? Well... this is the proof.

It looks as though you've been burning wood all your life. And you've seen way past the medium to really look at the subject. Texture - character - three-dimensional form - reflective and non-reflective surfaces - all are present in completely understandable forms.

And the addition of the subtle watered-down colours lifts it into another class.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I am grateful for your keen words!
It means a lot to me you really like it!

Full story in short for you:
My work mate requested free hand graphite sketch of his dog...
He offer some money, even I refused, because I can not take a money for 2 or 3 hours free hand sketch πŸ€”, which is quickly done in my opinion and without any efforts...
I was half way, when I saw pyrography art posted on facebook...
It was unexpected reaction, seeing something I had no clue it does exist 😁!?
I started searching online, to find out what it is...
I bought basic burning kit to start with, and no having any other idea, I did offer to burn this dog instead of finishing it in graphite...
I gave my word that I'm still not willing to charge anything, because I can't predict whether I manage do it nicely or not...
This is how I started pyrography 😁
I've done some silly mistakes while burning this Bruno, it's the way I learn new medium, then I was trying my best to correct those imperfections 😁
Finally I wanted to compliment the portrait with addiction of the colour, to put some life in it, to make it more attractive if possible...
I used the oils I have left over, but I diluted the colours to make them very matte, washed alike...
I didn't want to show them up, but use them only to compliment some chosen parts, like the dog face area, and to mark his collar.
That was only my good will, and hope of improvement ...
It worked 😁, my work mate did love it and his family, he paid me £20 as a good will for my effort and result ...

Thank you for keen comment πŸ‘
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Loved on facebook and love it now. Brilliant!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: ↑Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:39 pm Loved on facebook and love it now. Brilliant!
Thank you very much πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

This is excellent Pog. Well done.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: ↑Mon May 18, 2020 12:41 am This is excellent Pog. Well done.
Thank you very much for kind words Linda πŸ‘
It's the first attempt, many mistakes are there, just tried to mask them every time I burnt at wrong place, or too dark, lol ...