I'm new in here 🤘🤠

Welcome to our comfy Lounge - fetch a coffee and plump yourself down on a sofa. This is the place to get to know each other and discuss any subject, art-related or not.
PogArtTi

Re: I'm new in here 🤘🤠

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: ↑Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:38 am So, we had one big lady toad with one little Mr Toad on her back with two hopeful Mr Toads waiting nearby.
Well, I felt the atmosphere started getting HOT in here!
Better do not continue Mike this way, or make some warning before you continue, some like - adults content only?
πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, firstly, you had me running to Google to look up "Meerschaum pipe" and "lucifer match". Who knew!! In French we say that tonight I will go to bed a little less ignorant than I was this morning, so thank you for that. :D

The first question that came to mind was what was Mr Holmes doing at the frog pond at 1 AM? But that may be a subject for another day. As for Mr Toad, aka Mr Frog, I think that we must consider Mrs Toad as a likely suspect.

I submit that Mrs Toad having been approached my Mr Frog masquerading as a toad and looking very natty in his formal attire, reacted to his preposterous charade by forcefully repelling his advances thereby inflicting the wound which you clearly observed on his lower leg. Both Mr Toads were content to have Mrs Toad handle the intruder, given their obviously inferior stature.

Once injured of course, the inevitable outcome was a slow decline leading to death but the question remains, was Mr Frog's demise hastened in any way by the resident toad family, or perhaps by a an intruder we have yet to identify?

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I can sense some mystery tale going on in here πŸ‘
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene wrote: ↑Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:21 pm Once injured of course, the inevitable outcome was a slow decline leading to death but the question remains, was Mr Frog's demise hastened in any way by the resident toad family, or perhaps by an intruder we have yet to identify?
Very perceptive of you! I've no doubt the toads conspired to hasten Mr Frog's departure from this world, but...

Sherlock Holmes, being of a suspicious nature, habitually omits certain information. There thus remains a chance that the unsuspecting culprit will incriminate him/her self by making mention of the said omitted fact.

In this case, after chalking a line around the deceased Mr Frog and removing his body, the ARO (Amphibious Removal Operative) had his attention drawn to a movement in the bottom of the pond, perhaps a mere two feet further north from where the body was discovered.

On closer examination the ARO perceived the presence of a lurking entrepreneurial fish. It carried upon its person - two forward mounted and a second pair installed midway along its length - appendages of its own invention.

"My dear Watson," Holmes addressed his companion, "as a medical man, what do you deduce are the protuberances exhibited by the fish that we espy below us?"

"Well, Holmes," Watson began with some reluctance, "they appear... they appear to be... No. No, I'm quite certain of my findings, Holmes. That fish... that fish has LEGS!"

We call him Neville, and he's the first newt we've ever found in our pond :)
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

ARO (Amphibious Removal Operative)
I love it πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
That fish... that fish has LEGS!"
We call him Neville, and he's the first newt we've ever found in our pond
My friend used to keep similar creatures in his fish tank πŸ€”
Obviously it was probably different type, but your description did remind me those I saw in past πŸ‘

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Neville the Newt sounds like something or someone who recently escaped from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but then we would be straying from classic English literature to modern and I believe that to date at least this has only been successfully accomplished by Benedict Cumberbatch.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

from classic English literature to modern
I feel like in English class room 😁
Mike and you Laurene are using such words describing the Mr Frog tale, that I've never seen in my eyes, so I'm trying my best to catch up the story just right πŸ€£πŸ‘

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

:lol: I'm just goofing around Artur. Neville the Newt sounds like something from a Harry Potter book, don't you think?

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Probably, yeah πŸ€”πŸ˜πŸ‘
To me it could be some of Captain Nemo story too - Neville πŸ€”
Kind of the mystery land he might had visited 😁