Inspirational Grasses

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
leeds1

Inspirational Grasses

Post by leeds1 »

A couple of weeks ago I was walking thru an art/craft store with my son and he took a liking to the attached framed photo of a seascape with foreground grasses. I decided at that moment to take a quick photo of it with a view to practicing my grass drawing skills that you taught me with the Intermediate class. Not only was it good practice but I am going to add an inspirational quote below it, frame it and give it to my son for Christmas.
I like overall how it came out however if I were to do it again I would definitely try and get the grasses finer/thinner in some areas.
As always I would appreciate your feedback and critiques to further help me with the next one!
Merry Christmas!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LindasPencils

Re: Inspirational Grasses

Post by LindasPencils »

This is really very good! Well done.
My only suggestion would be regarding the second post in on the left. Your drawing has it quite light and bright, whereas the right side of the post should possibly be a bit more shaded and dark - to my eye it stands out a bit too brightly.
But that is nit-picking in what is a very good work and you are justifiably proud of it!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I’m always freaking to start drawing the grass subject, or the hair and such … water too.
Well done I’d say while checking up your artwork leeds1 👍
Well executed details of a tall grass, convincing foreground and background perspective.
Art.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

leeds1

Post by leeds1 »

Thank you!