Drawing Hair

Post your exercises for critique - from the videos, Drawspace courses, or Drawing From Line to Life.
darbyslaton

Drawing Hair

Post by darbyslaton »

Hello, I am brand new here. I am really struggling with the drawing hair. I understand that you were demonstrating drawing hair in an exaggerated way so we can get the concept. I am unsure how to translate it into a drawing I am creating. I have an outline of a drawing and added the hair but it didn't look right. Not sure where to go from here. Thank you for your help.

darbyslaton

Re: Drawing Hair

Post by darbyslaton »

Here is what I am working on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I'm so sorry I missed this post!

I've been delayed by other business, but please bear with me and I'll reply tomorrow.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I've started to put something together for you, Darby... but I just realised our power will be off tomorrow from 9am to 4pm (I think they're running power to new-build houses in the village). So I'll not be able to do much until the evening. I'll have something ready for you on Thursday or Friday - as soon as I can.
Mike Sibley

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Well, all good plans can sometimes fail; :oops: I'm sorry this took so long, Darby. I was ill, then recovered, but not my voice, so I couldn't make the voice-over.

You have made an error with your line drawing, which is affecting what you're trying to do. So, I've covered that. Then there are two demonstrations.

The first involves drawing layers of hair, just as you were needing. The second dips into an area of head to ear, very similar to your project.

I hope it helps. If not, please let me know and I'll happily try again.

Click the icon in the video for full-screen viewing...

Or watch it here: Basics of Drawing Hair
Mike Sibley