"Call me Jack" - FINISHED

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: "Call me Jack"

Post by PogArtTi »

"Call me Jack" - finished !!!
I've spent some time yesterday, trying my best to look around and improve things...
It is very possible that I've missed some here and there, but I can accept it as it is as well.
So I am done with this portraiture 👍
It's for my sister's birthday coming next month.
She won't be surprised as she's been following Facebook updates, and without a doubt she's well aware of the reason for making this drawing 😉👍
I need to find an adequate frame now 🐕.
Thank you for keen comments, support and following dear friends!

●Arches Aquarelle Hot Pressed 640g/m² 300lb paper
●A3 size
●Random graphite pencils, charcoal, Walnut oil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: "Call me Jack" - FINISHED

Post by Mike Sibley »

I have one tiny suggestion, but otherwise...

Wow! :o

When I look at this, I see a dog looking back at me. Not a drawing. A dog.

And a dog with recognisable character. Both friendly and clever. If you told me, he really can tie his own bow tie... I'd believe you. ;)

The niggling little something: Those indented whiskers to the right of the nose are laying on top of the hair and are not connected to it. If you just run a little 2H or HB into the roots (to fade those blunt ends), they'll look as though they're naturally springing from within the hair.

But that's all. I think this is superb.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you Mike very much for keen words and your time to have a look and provide beneficial suggestion regarding whiskers - I have neglected it for sure, while looking around the whole drawing...
Your keen comment is priceless to me, even I know you're giving me more credits than I deserve 🐕
Thank you Mike 😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

DanielG

Post by DanielG »

This is an awesome drawing. way to go
Dan Garwood

A Plane that comes down faster then it goes up has absolutely no resale value! - Zig Zigler

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

DanielG wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:26 pm This is an awesome drawing. way to go
Thank you DanielG for keen comment and stepping by 😉

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Wow! this is great! You just keep getting better and better!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:45 am Wow! this is great! You just keep getting better and better!
Receiving such warming up comments.., from such experienced and talented artist is more than anything I could have ask for 😊
Thank you dear Linda very much!