sneaky post

Receive critiques and comments on your Coloured Pencil or Pastel drawings.
LindasPencils

sneaky post

Post by LindasPencils »

hmmm,
Mike says elsewhere we need to post 'drawing based' images. Hurrumph.
How about lines???
Wire is a line. Lots of line wrapped around each other to make a shape, form and 3d line drawing.
with colored pencil. or color pencil shavings.

so, being sneaky, this a wire based sculpture done in aluminum and brass 24 gauge wire with stabilized (modgepodge and varnish) color pencil shavings forming the tutu (which is why she is in colored pencil forum) on a pinewood slab base. She stands 18cm tall.
DancerDWM.jpg
She was a lot of fun to do. But Mike, if you need to delete this post as it isn't strictly drawing, the please do so. But it is line. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Re: sneaky post

Post by Laurene »

How wonderful Linda! Love the way you put a piece of yourself in this (the pencil shavings tutu ;) )

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

LindasPencils wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:35 am Mike says elsewhere we need to post 'drawing based' images. How about lines???
Close enough... :lol:

And the skirt is obviously COLOURED PENCIL based... so it's a very fitting subject for this space.

Even if it wasn't, I'd still be so disappointed to not have seen this. It's so full of movement and life! Skills no doubt gleaned from years of drawing... There you go, yet another good reason for it being posted here. ;)

More, please! It's brightened my day immeasurably.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

LindasPencils wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:35 am Mike says elsewhere we need to post 'drawing based' images. How about lines???
Close enough... :lol:

And the skirt is obviously COLOURED PENCIL based... so it's a very fitting subject for this space.

Even if it wasn't, I'd still be so disappointed to not have seen this. It's so full of movement and life! Skills no doubt gleaned from years of drawing... There you go, yet another good reason for it being posted here. ;)
She was a lot of fun to do. But Mike, if you need to delete this post as it isn't strictly drawing, the please do so. But it is line. :P
Delete it???!!!!! Perish the thought!

More, please! It's brightened my day immeasurably.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Mike, thank you for your generous comment and allowing this post to remain. I have been having a bit of fun for the past 18 months or so making small sculptures using air dried clay, or wire, or masks in paper clay and really enjoying it. If you like, I will post some of the works over on the Mixed Media forum here.
Laurene, thank you as well - as I said, I have been a bit busy lately, and although I often check in here at the forum I haven't posted or replied to much.
fyi - this little piece won 2nd place at the VAS summer exhibition last week.
https://vasgallery.org.au/VAS-Summer-Ex ... 2023~52339

Shmush

Post by Shmush »

Very creative! An added touch of creative thinking posting in colored pencil. Thanks for sharing!

Picasso2

Post by Picasso2 »

It may not be strictly drawing, but you definitely would have to know how to draw to create it! Really clever and well deserving of your 2nd place at VAS. Well done, Linda!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

That's right - the skirt is pencil based (Mike ☺️!).
Linda - your imagination pushing the limits in such intriguing way ☺️☺️☺️
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*