3 does

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Laurene

Re: 3 does

Post by Laurene »

Thank you so much! That’s very kind of you. That background was all done with graphite powder using the methods I shared on your post. It just took a lot of layering and then lifting with Blu Tack for the vegetation.

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

Laurene wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:12 pm That background was all done with graphite powder using the methods I shared on your post. It just took a lot of layering and then lifting with Blu Tack for the vegetation.
Good to know. I wasn't sure if it was with graphite powder or not. I also use Blu Tack (works for me so much better than regular kneadable erasers). I really love the effect you achieved with it and how it makes the does stand out.

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Beautiful work Laurene!

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

Been gone along time. Glad I came back to see this work. As usual stunning.

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

How did you protect the does when doing all the graphite powder work? I would think it could get really messy.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I was looking for my comment in here, but couldn't find any!
Lol, I guess I know what's happened - I've tried to comment it, but most probably my post was IP blocked, and I've forgotten to keep trying execute it (old age already, 😆 lol)

It's beautiful drawing Laurene!
Maybe you aren't drawing as frequently as you used to, but it's well worth to wait for it 😉
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*