Trial Posting

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
ClaireO

Trial Posting

Post by ClaireO »

Just a test post since my ipad has been giving me a bit of trouble. Or maybe it’s me. 😵‍💫 Okay at least I’ve got this much figured out and my iPad is taking me to my images (before in a different area when DMing it would only show my videos to attach) but always the files are too large to attach. Idk why or how to reduce as I haven’t had that happen before. Does anyone know a work around to this? Thank you.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Trial Posting

Post by Mike Sibley »

A test? It worked! :)

As I explained elsewhere, there are only two limitations:
Images must not wider than 1000 pixels (1000px)
Image file size must not exceed 1MB

First try resizing to 1000px wide, if it exceeds that.
If the file size exceeds 1MB, then check the resolution. If it's, say, 300ppi (pixels per inch) then reduce that to 72ppi. A Mac's 96ppi is also OK, but you can still reduce it to 72. 72ppi is screen resolution, so you gain nothing by using a higher resolution.
And, if it's a graphite pencil drawing, convert it from RGB to greyscale. That will remove all colour data and usually reduces the file size by up to two-thirds.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net