The eye sometimes wants colour!

Receive critiques and comments on your Coloured Pencil or Pastel drawings.
LizzyT

The eye sometimes wants colour!

Post by LizzyT »

I love graphite, but sometimes I just want some colour in my life! Once I figure out how to post an image on here (Mike ? Lol) I’d love to show you something! Polychromos are my favourite pencils! Cheers, Liz

ElaineH

Re: The eye sometimes wants colour!

Post by ElaineH »

Looking forward to seeing your work Lizzy. Have never tried coloured pencils - but maybe one day...?

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Me too, Liz! Where is it???

The instructions you asked for are here.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Would love to see what you are doing Lizzy. I use a variety of colour pencils in my works now. I used to only use Staedler Mars Karat Aqurelles but they are hard to come by now as they don't sell them here anymore, but I now have a range of different types. Personally I prefer the Prismacolours over the Polychromos - I always find Faber pencils a bit on the brittle/chalky side. But that is just personal taste. The waxed style of colour pencils (Prismas/Polys) are great fun to layer and blend and mix. You can get some fantastic results.
Here is a small sample of something I did last year in Prismas:
cherries2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mouse1015

Post by Mouse1015 »

Hi Linda - These are luscious looking. Beautiful use of color! I'll post some of my work. I'm actually going the opposite way though back to graphite as I found that I want to learn more about values and how to draw negative shapes! :)
I wear many hats in my life but the one constant is my love for animals and being surrounded by the wonder of nature and earth's beauty. My art is central to my way of expressing my deep and abiding reverence for our Planet.