Old project-FRESH start ;)

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Old project-FRESH start ;)

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:19 pm Oh no. It must be so frustrating but I know you’ll be able to get the results you’re after. Stepping away for a bit works for me too.
Yes Laurene (oh NOooo !)
Hopefully it's not looking too bad, it's just about to be ok for me...
I'm half way through anyway, so ...
Fingers crossed ;)
I just figured out what is causing the paint lifting up - too much oil into the black paint.
No, I'm not adding any oil to it, the paint straight out the tube is very oiling, and when mixed to other colour it's diluting it, and then it seems to be too runy to sit nicely on the surface, it's melting the paint underneath instead.
Let's hope I will remember this lesson for good ;)
Thank you Laurene.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Listen to Laurene, because I agree with her. Put it away for a while and look again with fresh eyes. There are times that trying to "repair" causes more problems - and I think this is one of them.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:02 pm Listen to Laurene, because I agree with her. Put it away for a while and look again with fresh eyes. There are times that trying to "repair" causes more problems - and I think this is one of them.
I think I’m following Laurene's suggestion anyway Mike...
The oil paint stays wet for longer...
I'm making 3 different projects - just vecause of above - so instead of not doing nothing for two days while waiting for the paint to dry off a bit, I'm jumping on other painting aside, if that come in sense 🙉
It gives me at least two, sometime even more days to relax the pressure 👍
I'm back to work from today, so whether I like it or not - I have to have a break from all 3 painting...
This will let me have a fresh look when I'm back to it again 🙈
Thank you Mike.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm bend my knees to portraiture artists...
I find it very very challenging!
Maybe I'm experimenting too much from myself, but being perfectionist doesn't help, lol 🙉

I did finish my wife's chest (how to call this part in english? a decol?), and did my best improving the lips, eyebrows, and some cheek area both sides...
I did improve only eyebrows on my niece, because it is really stressful job regarding wife's face!
Hahahaaa 🙉
If I do anything wrong - no dinner for next few months 😅😅😅

I took additional photos to show you the palette, and transparent stripe that helps me match colour sample...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I was pushing away finishing up the white bottom of the painting as long as possible 🙉
Today I've mixed white'ssssss - and go go go !!!
Full coverage layer is done 🙈
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I can sense your frustration, but just keep going because it’s progressing so well! I can feel how much they love each other!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:23 pm I can sense your frustration, but just keep going because it’s progressing so well! I can feel how much they love each other!
Thank you for keen encouragement dear Laurene ;)