Claybord experiment [No.3]

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Claybord experiment [No.3]

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you Laurene very much for your keen words.
I'm very photorealistic regarding wildlife, as I'm always wanting to make the subject look as precise as possible.
It makes me struggle to progress faster, as I'm digging too much into detail for that extra perfection if possible...
Here comes yesterday's update, I was blocked off, so couldn't post it 🙈
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Yes!! I love this stage on a drawing or a painting, when it all starts to come together and have a life of its own. I think you know what I mean!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I love the separation you're achieving. It all looks to be totally natural.

The bird is there to found - easily - but not so easily that it looks contrived. The perfect balance, I think.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Mike Sibley wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:32 pm I love the separation you're achieving. It all looks to be totally natural.

The bird is there to found - easily - but not so easily that it looks contrived. The perfect balance, I think.
Thank you Mike, I like the latter part of your comment much.
You're very right, there's some balance involved...
The bird is there, it's obvious, but at same time is sort of camouflaged, that creates sort of interest to distinguish him from the surrounding...
I'm not big fan of such birds, that I've never heard of. This reference did gather my attention for sure, I can't point it, but definitely I did like it from first seen. Thank you Mike.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:27 pm Yes!! I love this stage on a drawing or a painting, when it all starts to come together and have a life of its own. I think you know what I mean!
Yes Laurene, I know what you mean my friend ;)
Step by step it's looking more promising...
Thank you ;)