"Michal" pastels-FINISHED

Receive critiques and comments on your Coloured Pencil or Pastel drawings.
PogArtTi

Re: "Michal" in pastels

Post by PogArtTi »

Latest update regarding feedback I've received yesterday...
They saw the drawing, they said it's nice and they like it, and Michal likes it too - but *please don't share it.

It means two things to me.
1 - they don't like it.
2 - they like it, but Michal doesn't like to be a bit chubby, so he dosn't want anybody see it on facebook... 🤔 -> I hope this is the reason.

Well.
This or the other way, it's upsetting.
All efforts I put to make it as nice looking as I'm capable of - got wasted.
If I can not share it, then the work is worthless to me.
Nobody can see it, nobody will know how I've drawn it.
My art album on my fb account it's all I have to share what I do.
It is basically my art history - since beginning.

Well.
My wife's family did surprice me.
They know I do share all my work.
At this point I think it's a bit disrespectful too.

If I wouldn't have promised it to be given to Michal, I may be good to bin it now as well, because the art I can't include to my portfolio, it's like it doesn't exist...
Or it's just me - being too harsh to their request.
Lets hope Michal really likes it, but it's all about his age, and mood 🤘😎
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

rideum51

Re: "Michal" pastels-FINISHED

Post by rideum51 »

Pog, being a person of few words I wont comment on all your iterations. I will say job well done. I know you are disapointed at the reception you got form the subject and the family but that's just people. They have no clue the time, effort and talent that goes into such a drawing. If it's not a photo shopped photograph, to make him look slimmer lol, well, whatever. Again great job.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you for your kind comment 😊
I didn't hand this drawing over yet.
TBH I'm not willing to.
TBH they're disrespectful people, don't care for others much, and expressing that at nearly every family conversation, looking down at other members.
From this point of view, I shouldn't have be upset or disappointed, I could have rather get prepared for it to happen instead.
Thanks again, it's good to hear even few, but pointed words from you 😉
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

Anxious to see more

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

rideum51 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:39 am Anxious to see more
Thanks a lot my friend, and it's kind of you that you appreciate my efforts.
I don't do pastels any more.
Pastels were short adventure only, as I found too many things didn't work for me.
At least I gave it a go, and I did my best to work with them for a while 😉.

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Hey Pogs,
Well, that was disappointing for you.
But... do they share photo images of themselves on facebook, etc.? On not? I personally do not share images of myself in any way and ask unsolicited images to be removed. They may be like me and just not want their face out there.
Anyway, DO NOT throw this out. And yes, you CAN keep it in your portfolio of works if you wish - in your hard copy folio to display when showing a client your style. It need not be online. If anyone asks why it isn't online just say it was a personal project for private display only.
It is a good work and you should be proud of it, no matter what the rellos think.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you for such kindness towards my efforts Linda, and how are you?
It's been long time I haven't heard from you, I hope you're very well 😊

They do share a lot photos on Facebook, where they were, what they ate at restaurant, etc...
Silly things, selfies ...
The boy - Michal - did accept this drawing, and was very appreciated to have it...
It seems his mum (my sister in law) just didn't like it, and she told me off to share it, not him...
Nevertheless, it's past story and we need to carry on, don't we 😊