Strathmore Bristol 500 Plate

Discussions, Questions, Recommendations... on everything to do with PENCILS, PAPERS, and all other TOOLS for any medium; and general DRAWING TECHNIQUES.
DanielG

Strathmore Bristol 500 Plate

Post by DanielG »

I just received a pad of this from Fedex a bit a go and I am giving it a try. It is different drawing on plate versus Bristol vellum. There is way more tooth on the vellum, which means my heavy hand indented the paper easily. The 500 series plate can handle my heavy hand and still absorb more graphite. It will take a bit to get use to the smoothness of the plate surface. First impressions is a little mixed from being use to the soft heavy tooth of vellum. I will keep you posted on what I think as a draw more with this paper.

Dan
Dan Garwood

A Plane that comes down faster then it goes up has absolutely no resale value! - Zig Zigler

rideum51

Re: Strathmore Bristol 500 Plate

Post by rideum51 »

Interesting you r experiment. I have been using Mike's paper, forgot what you call it, but very smooth and no tooth. It's interesting what makes black on one paper is totally different on another.

DanielG

Post by DanielG »

I agree about the blacks, but the 2H barely shows up with a light touch.

I think I am going to try Mike's paper next, just not sure how long it will take to ship something across the pond. I figured I would get some blu-tak from him as well.
Dan Garwood

A Plane that comes down faster then it goes up has absolutely no resale value! - Zig Zigler

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

DanielG wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:55 am I think I am going to try Mike's paper next, just not sure how long it will take to ship something across the pond.
I shipped 10 sheets to Australia, yesterday: 7-10 days. To the US: about 7 days. And the same for Blu-Tack.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net