Claybord experiment [No.1] FINISHED.

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Claybord experiment - FINISHED.

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:48 am I vote with Magda. You have to frame it!
I'm afraid I can't get away with that request now ;)
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene's right, and I vote with Magda, too. Frame it and hang it! :)

This is far too good to be destined to face the wall in storage, or - heaven forbid - ever be over-painted.

That new background? Perfect. It compliments your skin tones. And just the suggestion in the colours and shapes of "outdoors" or "nature" ring true.
Therefore, after consideration, I decided to apply for 4 days p/week rota. Now, I will not work longer than 7 days, without a day off... It's nearly half of the previous scheme! (11 days). And every time after these 7 (or 6 days sometime), I will have immediately 6 days off... It's like having a week of holiday each month. More resting time, more time for painting, and doing things around the house...
That sounds like the perfect solution to finding art time. You'll no doubt have your ideas on how to handle those hours, but for the benefit of anyone, this might help...

As you know, I drove a cab before turning professional. I was working a 42-hour week (2pm to 2am shift, 7 days/week). Then I rented my cab out and drove in the evenings. Then, to release more hours, I drove only at weekends: 24-hour shifts from Saturday morning, right through Saturday night, and into Sunday morning. Then I decided to be a full-time artist and sold the cab. I count the "professional" years from the date I let my taxi licence expire - no going back :)

So, I can see how having the relatively flexible hours you now have (even though long) must be a real bonus. And when you really want something, there's always a way to achieve it.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you Mike for keen words regarding my painting ;)
Yes, it will compliment my wall for sure, I like it myself, what is very rare, lol ;)

Yes, I remember your past experience, and hard work Mike...
It's never gets easy at the beginning, and it's always good to try ways around if possible...

The 4day rota is the possibility I wanted to try.
I already can see benefits, and now I know it was worth it!
In real life it is only one round trip more that usually, and many times the shift are just equal to my "shorter I had before!
Every time if I work for less hours per week than 37, the company adds on it, to match my contracted 37 hours per week, not less.
So I'm not losing anything, even though in some cases I will work less than 37h.
Tomorrow is my last day off, which in total I'm having now 6 every month.
I just been working 7 days, and then I'm off since last Thursday till tomorrow, Wednesday is my first day back to work...
I'm fully rested!
I am painting stress free!
Chilling out, like on holiday...
And this 6 days holiday will be each month repeated!
I was worry whether I like it or not.
I'm worry free now ;)

Thank you dear friend ;)
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*