New Drawing - Awesome Bear

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
JayS

New Drawing - Awesome Bear

Post by JayS »

To Rideum51....Here is some new work. I haven't been on vacation. Wish I had been. About 2 months ago I had a growth removed from an inside organ. It, thankfully, was not cancerous. However, while in the hospital I contracted sepsis. The emergency room nurse told me I had 48 hours to live. My life flashed before my eyes (in slow motion because I had time) and with apologies to friends and family I thought not of missing loved ones but rather of the art not finished. The immediate work undone was on my drawing board and it was a Grizzly Bear eating an elk while a coyote looked on from a safe vantage point.

A friend wrote that it was appropriate that I would draw a Griz as like the bear I am determined, strong and ferocious. And with my art I am patient. What nice thoughts! I am now well on the way to recovery and with the determination to take more time when drawing. While time is precious it is also what makes quality work possible. Take time to be good on many levels was a persistent thought..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: New Drawing - Awesome Bear

Post by Mike Sibley »

Jay, I'm delighted to hear that you're recovering - but totally shocked that you had to endure such a terrible life-threatening experience.

Here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery. And we're all looking forward to many new works from you.

Take care.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Hi Jay. That’s a truly horrific thing to have happen. You certainly are fierce and determined. I’m happy to hear that you’re recovering well. I love the grizzly’s fur texture and the way you cleverly hid the coyote. We discover him almost by accident which is exactly what would happen in nature.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

JayS wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:15 pm About 2 months ago I had a growth removed from an inside organ. It, thankfully, was not cancerous.
That both to me - a bad and a good news at same time...
I'm vey glad it turned alright for you!!!
However, while in the hospital I contracted sepsis. The emergency room nurse told me I had 48 hours to live.
That's a very bad news...
What a life...
You are winning one battle, just to start another one?!
My life flashed before my eyes.
I can only imagine the terror you've been through my friend...
The immediate work undone was on my drawing board and it was a Grizzly Bear eating an elk while a coyote looked on from a safe vantage point.
So happy to see you back on your feet JayS, holdingpencil in your hand!!!
It is your style, expressing very well the story you after to tell...
Well done YOU!!!
A friend wrote that it was appropriate that I would draw a Griz as like the bear I am determined, strong and ferocious. And with my art I am patient. What nice thoughts!
Beautiful words indeed...
I am now well on the way to recovery
The time is necessary to heal your wounds my friend - keep going, the worst is behind you already, the battle was tough, but you did succeed,
and keep it this way, always winning, always on top of the life surprises!!!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Greet the day with a bear's determination! Glad to hear you are on the mend - take it carefully and recover.
Love the bear drawing, especially the tree in the background framing him like a crown.

JayS

Post by JayS »

Thank you all for your thoughts. You remind me that art is an expression of who and what we are. What is inside of us comes out in our work. It is kind of funny to realize that I want to reject the illness and live in the fullness of positive experiences. Thanks again for your well wishes and thoughts. I'm now running about 95%.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

95% !!!
Great news then JayS 😊😊😊
And keep going this way up to 200%, and even more!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

It's all been said above. Really glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.