Drawing on Aluminum Substrate

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

Drawing on Aluminum Substrate

Post by LindasPencils »

I was invited to participate in a group exhibition at Tacit galleries here in Melbourne called 'Substrate 22'. www.tacitart.com.au
Each artist was given 3 x A4 primed 3mm aluminum substrate panels that were primed with Golden GAC-200 Acrylic Medium. We were invited to create art in any medium and any theme. I chose pencils (naturally) with the addition of water soluble color.
If you wish, you can see the working process on my blog (as I am too lazy to write it again) here:
https://lindaweilfineart.blogspot.com/
But for your pleasure, these are the three works I will be showing:
Bee Spoke.jpg
'Bee Spoke' by Linda Weil©
Copper Fly.jpg
'Copper Fly' by Linda Weil©
Brass Hopper.jpg
'Brass Hopper' by Linda Weil©
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: Drawing on Aluminum Substrate

Post by Mike Sibley »

I've been looking at these, on and off, all day... and every time I visit I see something new. That said, I also see artwork of which I'm insanely jealous :)

Your imagination should be at least a National Treasure. Protected by Government decree for life, and beyond. If they're wise, they'll begin building the "Weil Gallery of Weirdness" without delay.

I've no doubt there will be many beautiful works of art at the Tacit exhibition... but I'll be looking for yours.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I can’t say it better than Mike! I’m a HUGE fan of your creativity Linda.

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

lol. I might trademark that name Mike, 'Weil's Gallery of Weirdness'. I like.
but really, I am not that weird. Well, my art might be. But otherwise I am a pretty ordinary old lady!
thanks to you both, and here is a shot of the works hanging on the wall in the gallery - they put them in prime position so you see them first thing when you walk in the door. Have to be happy about that!
GalleryHang_editedDWM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

LindasPencils wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:24 am lol. I might trademark that name Mike, 'Weil's Gallery of Weirdness'. I like.
Or.... Weil's Wonderfully Weird World" - or "W4"

Which puts you one up on the Internet. :D :roll:
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:24 am - they put them in prime position so you see them first thing when you walk in the door.
Wow, once again I'm picking up my jaw from the floor!
Your unique style is something I wish it was mine Linda...
It's always a great adventure to follow these extra ordinary details on your drawings!
Wow!
You deserve everything!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*