"The Calling" pastels-(discontinued)

Receive critiques and comments on your Coloured Pencil or Pastel drawings.
PogArtTi

Re: "The Calling" - in pastels

Post by PogArtTi »

Sorry friends if you have enjoyed my pastels short adventure - it's discontinued.

It's happened for second time now...
I'm being amazed at very fresh stage, when I'm enjoying them like never before, then my exitement goes down, once I'm more aware of its dusty nature, application with sponges, fragile varnishing... etc.
I can not use pan pastels on its own from start to finish, because I can not apply pan pastels for detailed work...
I didn't care about it at first, but the more I'm drawing the less I like it...

So to enjoy pan pastels, I need to keep set of pastel pencils as well...

I think I can compare my feeling to falling in love 😅
When you're first dating you're sky high, but after many dates you not that high anymore 😅😅😅

While enjoying working with pastels, because of its similarity to oils, the more I've been drawing, the more craving for oils...
I have been comparing those two every time and then, to the point that I decided to move to oils instead...

I am very sorry if I am disappointing you (Laurene?).
I'll start again this project in oils soon...
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Re: "The Calling" in pastels (discontinued)

Post by Laurene »

Well, there’s no point if you’re not enjoying it anymore, that’s for sure. It’s just another learning experience and now it’s time to move on.

I think that the pan pastels with just a hint of pastel pencil detail would give a very beautiful soft effect and so may be a good medium for another subject. Good luck with the oils!

PogArtTi

Re: "The Calling" in pastels (discontinued)

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:17 pm It’s just another learning experience and now it’s time to move on.
Thank you for giving me lots of credits - always...
...with just a hint of pastel pencil detail.
I wanted to create my arts with pan pastels only, therefore I did experiment wet painting... 😉
It would be JUST pan pastels AND painting with brushes...

The joy of using pan pastels was the way I could mix my own colour, mix with metallic tints I have...

So I begun questioning myself - why would I carry on pan pastel effort, if I could just get back to oils instead 😊
Good luck with the oils!
Thank you very much.
I know oils already well enough, and now after trying pastels out, I'm missing oils even more 😅

One thing I'm sure.
I have a weird nature 😅
I'm keep looking for changes, keep experimenting, keep trying things, I'm moving on then, to get back to it at later stage of my life...
This can be good thing, but an issue as well.
It's just me.
I can't help myself to change what I am, can I?
😅😉
😁😁😁
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*