My babies

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

Re: My babies

Post by LindasPencils »

These are lovely drawings. You handle the pen and ink very well - it can be a difficult medium. well done.

Peebee

Post by Peebee »

Thank you for the encouragement @lindaspencils ❤️

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I love your drawings too...
I know how difficult is to draw somebody, a friend, who is not any longer with you...
I did draw a portrait of my dog, that passed away just only a month later after I've finished his portrait.., due to a nasty cancer.
Your drawings are beautiful indeed.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Peebee wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:45 am I have photos that don’t have good lighting or clarity so hoping I figure out photo shop and can draw the outline like Mike does.
Try to not rely on that. It's something I have done, but rarely. In fact, I'd advise against its use for producing guidelines, which is what I think you're referring to.

Why? Because if you grid your photo, or use a projector, or draw by eye (see: Guidelines: Manual and Guidelines: Devices for ideas) you'll learn a lot more about your subject. You'll be very familiar with all of its part before you commence drawing.
As you can see, I’m struggling with white on white and the shadow at the bottom. I guess that comes from lack of knowledge and practice.
Actually, I can't see that at all. I think you're doing a super job. The white hair you're drawing is definitely 100% white hair. It can't be mistaken for anything else. And drawing it with a Fineliner is certainly not an easy medium to use. So, again, you're doing really well.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net