NEW VIDEO OUT NOW...

Join a discussion, suggest suitable subjects, or ask Mike questions about the videos.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

NEW VIDEO OUT NOW...

Post by Mike Sibley »

Available now: the first of three videos on DRAWING HAIR.
DRAWING HAIR: An Introduction...
Looking at popular ways you might be using to draw hair - ways that possibly don't fully satisfy your need for realism.

Discover why you might, unknowingly, be drawing hair from the wrong perspective. And how a simple change in your perception can achieve amazing and realistic results.

Learn how to create sharp-edged, believable hairs without erasing. Never placing graphite where graphite isn't required. Preserving the pristine white of the paper until you know what needs to be drawn. Working from dark to light, so you know the full range of available values from the outset.

I demonstrate the basics of the method, step-by-step, as I draw a lock of dark hair and explains how to achieve that level of realism.

And then have a go yourself and post your results back to the forum. I'll happily critique or give you advice.

Watch now
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Re: NEW VIDEO: Quick update

Post by Laurene »

We’re all looking forward to it Mike! Take all the time you need!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: NEW VIDEO: Quick update

Post by Mike Sibley »

Thanks, Laurene. It's finished - I rendered the final versions late last night.

Right now, I'm building the web pages, with the aim of releasing the video either tomorrow or Sunday. I'll send out a member-wide email as soon as everything is set to go.

The retail version will be a day or two late, but that won't affect DWM members who, as usual, get to view it first.

This one's been a lot of work (as you might appreciate when you see it) involving a fair bit of animation and 8 demos (actually 7, as I substituted one for something else last night).

And I've begun writing the next two scripts.
PART 1: the MECHANICS of drawing hair, and related subjects.
PART 2: drawing different types of hair (but likely to expand on that).
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net