"Bare Feet"

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

Re: "Bare Feet"

Post by LindasPencils »

Great result, a good art work.
I am ambivalent towards tattoos. I hate that so many young people are jumping on the bandwagon to get them done because that is what every does and it seems rebellious. But at least they aren't taking up smoking like my generation did. And some skin art is superb.
I like this tattoo. If it was my work, I would have it faded slightly. But for your style and concept the bold lines work well. Its a high contrast drawing and the tat reflects this.
It would have been fun to have somehow flowed the ocean into the leg to form the tattoo!
bat leg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Re: "Bare Feet"

Post by PogArtTi »

LindasPencils wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:01 am ...for your style and concept the bold lines work well. Its a high contrast drawing and the tat reflects this.
I do appreciate your opinion very much dear Linda, especially that you like what I did ...
Your positive feeling about this tattoo makes me better, because after reading Mike's opinion, I was half/half [well-I'm still am 😁]...
But this tattoo is standing out, and is making good start for discussion, isn't it?
People may will forgot the whole drawing, lol, but they WILL REMEMBER the bat tattoo 😅, whether they did like the tattoo or not 😉
It reminds me the way of FAMOUS people do make some sort of rumor now and then?
It doesn't really matter if after the rumor public is discussing them good or bad - the main thing is to stand them out, to make ANY rumor deliberately 😁
In this matter my tattoo works 😊

By the way Linda...
I have many friends that tattooing themselves jyst because it's cool to have tattoo...
Unfortunately in most cases those tattooists who offer cheap ink drawings on somebody's skin are *homegrown (artists)...
My friends feel sorry afterwards, and looking forward to cover that crap *ink drawing asap...

It would have been fun to have somehow flowed the ocean into the leg to form the tattoo!
I do agree - thank you Linda very much.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*