Garden Tulip

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Laurene

Re: Garden Tulip

Post by Laurene »

Thank you both so much. It’s very kind of you. I think that a study like this is a great way to get back into drawing after a break. I do sketch digitally in Procreate on my iPad but there is something special about working directly on paper.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I'm just slowly catching up what I've missed Laurene 😉
Tulips are my wife's favourite flowers 😊
I did like the way you have had started this study, and the soft approach with pencils...
I do like it's drawn with original pencils, not the digital this time, but obviously I DO LOVE DIGITAL ARTS TOO (you know me very well 😊).
I love the strong darks within, and soft shadows elsewhere ...
You did build up very impressive realism!
Well done drawing, what else can I say Laurene 😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Thank you Artur. I still sketch on my ipad almost every day. Digital or paper, I enjoy both.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:04 pm Digital or paper, I enjoy both.
I know 😊
If I ever get back to digital - it'll be the drawing tablet that I'll be able to draw on its screen directly Laurene.
I'm not going for it by now, but this is what I'm after if the time will come 😊
Do you draw directly on your screen my friend?
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Yes I do. I use Procreate on my iPad and draw with the Apple Pencil.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

So this is somerhing I'll be appreciated with 😊😊😊