Emergence

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
kwheller

Re: Emergence

Post by kwheller »

JayS wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:57 pm Kwheller, I appreciate your dialogue on this piece. You help me see a different point of view of my own work. When I was doing a lot of art festivals, I developed an approach to creating art that in retrospect, was a little unique..
I'm glad you found some of my insights useful. I would definitely stop at your booth! I am enjoying your art. Mike certainly has helped me as well and his insights (and material) are wonderful! I feel lucky that I was able to go to a couple of his workshops when he use to come to the United States. He has really impacted my drawing.

I agree with you that its important to go beyond the reference material and feel the emotion of the piece and what you are trying to convey.

These massive creatures are just amazing and I hope that they will be around for a long time, but so many animals are becoming extinct due to humans. I'm glad your artwork is capturing one emerging from his wallow!

JayS

Post by JayS »

He's looking pretty good, but he has a way to go yet. The dust is too even. The veggies need more variety. His cape lacks definition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JayS

Post by JayS »

Another level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mikey37

Post by Mikey37 »

I sketched a barrel racing horse. It threw up so much dust you could only see partials of all the legs. I took a very deep breath and introduced graphite powder, spread around the legs to the ground. Very scary.

JayS

Post by JayS »

Mikey37, First thanks for your comment. Now, help me understand? Are you suggestng that I throw some graphite powder on this to increase the dust? Interesting idea.