Not enjoying my work

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
JayS

Re: Not enjoying my work

Post by JayS »

You are doing great. Mike's comment "do find the quality of the hair to either side of the nose to be a little distracting" is something I noticed too. Should be easy to fix. Keep up the great work!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:04 am So glad to hear that you’re feeling some relief from your migraines, Mike!
Unfortunately, I was wrong. The b******s are back with a vengeance - to the point where I was taken to hospital yesterday for tests and a CT scan.

They found a brain - so that's good - and nothing noticeably wrong... but that doesn't stop my head exploding a few times each day.

Quick explanation - and a sincere apology for not completing the next video yet, or of being here often... I used to have Cluster Migraine - they've morphed into Cluster Headaches. They're far more intense than migraines, but much shorter in duration (15-20 minutes for me). I've had two today, but nothing for the past five hours, which is how I managed to get back here :D

But I am sorry to be letting you all down. I'll get back in the saddle as soon as I possibly can - and get back to filming, too.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that Mike. It must be so frustrating to not be able to treat this problem, but please don’t apologize!! We all understand and your videos are always so valuable, no one minds waiting as long as it takes. Just concentrate on taking care of yourself right now. We’ll all still be here when you’re feeling better :D

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

We all copy one way or the other each time we draw. Sometimes, rarely from memories, usually from images we see.

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

I really love the dog's expression, you have capture that so well! If you cover up the right side of the dog, then the left side, you can see how the left side has smoother fur around the mouth and the right side has more individual bunches of fur as Mike pointed out. I have certainly done that when I am drawing, uncertain of which way to go. I would probably tend to make the right side a little more smooth like the left side, but that just my preference. I think this is a great drawing!!!