Snowy Fawn

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
JayS

Snowy Fawn

Post by JayS »

I thought I posted this a couple of days ago, but it got away. I'm doing this as a break from the Black Tail Bucks. The fur is like grass but It makes me think of it differently. There is a big difference in the quality of my work but I'm not sure why. I think it is because I think differently when it is the side of an animal rather than the side of a hill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurene

Re: Snowy Fawn

Post by Laurene »

This is a wonderful subject! It will be great fun getting lost in all of those fur details.

JayS

Post by JayS »

Here's a little progress. Note side of fawn is darker. Some progress on snowy forehead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JayS

Post by JayS »

The fawn tells me "Thanks for my ears. I like to listen to music as you draw.

JayS

Post by JayS »

Here is update 4. I feel like I've been rushing this. Want to slow down. In this update I worked primarily on the Fawn's neck. I began with a H9 to create an under drawing of fine lines then went over it with a 2B and then an HB. Not happy wiht the line halfway down the neck have to fix that.