CREATING TEXTURE: the BASICS - OUT NOW!

Your latest work is in print? You have an upcoming workshop? Your cat's had kittens... Tell us YOUR NEWS!
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

CREATING TEXTURE: the BASICS - OUT NOW!

Post by Mike Sibley »

In case you didn't receive the email (the system was faulty but is now working again) I've released...

CREATING TEXTURE: the BASICS

I would have reported that here, but... I suffer from Cluster Migraine, and a cluster began a couple of weeks ago. I'll be OK in about 4-5 weeks, and in the meantime I'll make a start on the next script.

JayS recently said:
Communication theory holds that up to 90% of meaning is transmitted non-verbally. Art is non-verbal.
and this video makes use of that theory. It's the introduction to the subject (two more videos to come) and explores WHAT you need to think about, and FEEL while creating a texture. And FEEL is the most important factor.

You'll learn ways to remember textures too, since just looking at them doesn't generate or store the information you need.

Our member "sarivera" emailed me to say she's "eager to start this wonderful lesson" and it's such an easy lesson to learn - once you know what you're looking for.

Increasing your mental store of textures is something you can do anywhere, day or night. Simply explore the textures around you, and analyse it in the ways the video shows you.

So, head on over now and...
WATCH THE VIDEO
(28 minutes)

What's next? Two more TEXTURE videos - the next featuring the practical application of a range of textures and techniques; and the third focusing on creating textures spontaneously.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all...
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Re: CREATING TEXTURE: the BASICS - OUT NOW!

Post by Laurene »

I watched this video and highly recommend it to everyone, from beginner to advanced level.

We all focus so much on what pencil to use, what paper is best, and other technical aspects of drawing that we forget that we need to really know our subjects and how they feel if we want to communicate that to the viewer. Mike explains it so much better in his video!