Scrambled Steam

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
LindasPencils

Scrambled Steam

Post by LindasPencils »

A couple of Steam Punk Eggs... just for fun.
Lana 250gsm Bristol Board. Graphite pencils with selected color. 11 x 13 cm.
Mech-egg6dwm.jpg
Mech-egg7dwm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kwheller

Re: Scrambled Steam

Post by kwheller »

Hi Linda! Your drawings are so interesting. I like how the top one has a mechanical bird coming out of the egg and the second one has the mechanism of cracking the egg. (Or at least that is my way of interpretation. Just so much fun!!!). I love how you combine color with graphite., whether it be more subtle as in some of your other drawings, or more present, as in these. Did you know that Mike coined a word after you? He compliments your use of color as "Lindaesque" (as seen under the drawing I did, called Piranha where I colored the belly a subtle reddish color). Mike again referred to you in my drawing "In Search of Dandelions" where I colored the dandelion and leaves. Since I am a fan of your work, that is such a high compliment to have my drawing referred to as Lindaesque!!
Anyway, love the Scrambled Steam drawings!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

lol. Thank you KW. Maybe we can get 'Lindaesque' as a new word in Websters? lol. that would be a hoot!

kwheller

Post by kwheller »

That would be great! lol Just love being "Lindaesque"!!

DavidBunyan

Post by DavidBunyan »

Hi Linda, I love your Steampunk inspired drawings, I bet it's quite liberating not having to rely on strict reference. I think I'd feel a little lost if I relied too much on my imagination

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

What can I say?

Actually.... what CAN I say?!

I think it's all been said. But I'll say it again. AB-SO-LUTE-LY BRIL-LI-ANT!

I can almost feel your mind working as you put all these drawings together. And I'm insanely jealous :)

And congratulations on finally being able to start up your workshops again. If only I wasn't 12,000 miles away. If only......... :(
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

rideum51

Post by rideum51 »

as Mike said, what can I say, as always your creativity and technical skills amaze me. And there is always a story being told.

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

I think I'd feel a little lost if I relied too much on my imagination
Oh, David! don't be afraid to explore. Remember, drawing from the imagination is drawing from existing knowledge. Every one of my steam punk drawings are based on realities I have drawn or sketched in the past. And all those gears, wheels, nuts and bolts? Well they are all drawn from actual references, real life bits and pieces of mechanical and clockwork items I have collected.
When you 'doodle' on a phone pad or whatever, you are letting your imagination run free. Some of these Steam drawings started as a random doodle and then build up from real life references.

Thank you Mike - I appreciate the comment. And yes, going back to classes will be fun. A little stressful as it has been so long - over 4 months since we had a class. And that was only 3 weeks of classes after the 5th lock down. Really all of this year has been a bust teaching wise. But hopefully things are looking up now

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Oh, I’ve missed your steampunk art!!! I’m grinning from ear to ear!

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

...again, thank you Laurene - and the Blue one sold too!