Future Prospect

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Boblines

Future Prospect

Post by Boblines »

I could not resist drawing this eye , the original of which, as you probably know was the subject of M.C. Escher's brilliant mind. It offered such an opportunity to practice shading and texture. How this man managed to produce such quality work using the etching, engraving or lithographic process is beyond me. As a technician he sits beside Mozart and Da Vinci in my mind - a genius!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LindasPencils

Re: Future Prospect

Post by LindasPencils »

Did you happen to catch the Escher exhibition down here in Melbourne a couple of years ago Boblines? It was FANTASTIC. Like you, Escher is one of my heros.
Well done on the drawing, nicely rendered.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi, I'm not aware of the M.C. Esher's ... .. . unfortunately, but I like your drawing attempt 👍
Obviously the more time you'd spent on it the more detailed result could had be achieved.
There's minor suggestion if you don't mind - the eyelashes.
Your top and bottom eyelashes are equally long and dense 😊
*You know what I did?
I have enjoyed drawing whiskers lately (on my free hand cat study) and consciousnessly have had drawn fewer on the cat's chin as well 🤣
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

JayS

Post by JayS »

Eyes are so dog gonned important. Sometimes it seems that good eyes can make or break a drawing. This is a good study of the composition of the eye that you will probably see in all your future drawings that have eyes.