Another Blue Wren

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Boblines

Another Blue Wren

Post by Boblines »

A compliment to my last post. Once again, the photograph is not the best quality having been taken under fading daylight indoors on my Ipad, The size and materials are the same as my last post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Re: Another Blue Wren

Post by PogArtTi »

It's very nice drawing.
As same as the previous one, it shows your great attention to the subtle details.
I wouldn't worry to much regarding the reference quality, as we can easily find (in most cases) other photos of our subject searching internet, and then use the spots that are blurred or put of focus on our reference.
I'm aware that it's not always achievable, though...
Congratulations 😉
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Packed full of cheeky character! Sharp where sharp matters, with softer parts suggesting recession. And I love that single "loose" toe! That simple inclusion adds so much more life and realism to the drawing.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I agree with Mike. Bird feet are difficult yet so important to the character of the animal. Beautifully done!

RobB

Post by RobB »

Instantly made me smile so sweet and recognisable
love this

Rob

Shmush

Post by Shmush »

A well executed little character!