NEW: LATEST VIDEO OUT NOW

Join a discussion, suggest suitable subjects, or ask Mike questions about the videos.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

NEW: LATEST VIDEO OUT NOW

Post by Mike Sibley »

Hi Everyone,

I released the NEW VIDEO here last night but ran out of time to tell you :roll: :)

USING NEGATIVE SPACE - Part 1

Negative Space is a very powerful tool for any artist - but it can easily become complicated, so I've split the subject into External ad Internal use. That is, spaces outside the subject that help you to see it accurately; and spaces inside the subject itself.

This video covers USING EXTERNAL NEGATIVE SPACE.

It also introduces you to a very simple but highly effective exercise - one that you can doodle on paper, or have fun with mentally at any time.

So, head on over and ...
WATCH THE VIDEO...
(14 minutes)

One more Negative Space video to come... and then we move onto Negative Drawing.

PS: This video is not yet available for purchase (not that you, as a member, need to buy it) - I'll fix that ASAP.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Re: NEW: LATEST VIDEO OUT NOW

Post by Laurene »

Hi Mike. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner but we actually moved our offices just last week and every minute has been taken up by that task.
I just tried to post a comment under your video as I often do but my comment wasn't accepted. I wonder if it's because I was using my Ipad.
What I wanted to say was: Another very valuable lesson Mike.  Thank you!  This is such a useful tool for any artist, yet it’s so easily forgotten.  As you say, practice is key.

Your videos are so valuable Mike, please keep them coming!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Thanks! I'm busy creating graphics this evening for the next video :)

I'll look into the comments problem tomorrow and let you know when they're working. I was expecting errors, although not with the comments.

I had one mailing list form on my website not using the CAPTCHA code.... and over a four-day period I had to deleted 14,000 spam - almost certainly all Russian - false submissions. Because of that I removed all forms on my website and linked them all to one code-protected form. Although that didn't involve DWM, I'm not surprised something broke.

Incidentally, spam is one reason why there's a fee to use the Members Area - spammers won't pay! :D

Do you remember my previous TheDrawingForum.com site, that I ran with JD Hillberry? One reason we closed that was 240,000 false accounts (again Russian) that I had to manually delete. In the end they were being created faster than I could delete them.

Sorry! End of rant! I'll check it out and fix it tomorrow.
Mike Sibley

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Yes, I remember those Russian accounts so well! The internet is a modern miracle on my opinion but it's such a shame that it comes with all of this spam and all of these trolls.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:43 pm I just tried to post a comment under your video as I often do but my comment wasn't accepted.
FIXED! ;)

Because of the spam on my main site, I turned on CAPTCHA for the comment forms in the retail area - forgetting that the comment forms in the Members Area shared the same code. It's a slight inconvenience but you now have to enter the code before submitting your comment. But I just tested it and it works.
Mike Sibley

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Thank you Mike!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you very much Mike for your keen effort to record this lesson.
A lot of great clues and knowledge is covered in here!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*