NEGATIVE DRAWING: Part 1 OUT NOW!

Join a discussion, suggest suitable subjects, or ask Mike questions about the videos.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

NEGATIVE DRAWING: Part 1 OUT NOW!

Post by Mike Sibley »

Hi Everyone,

I just released the NEW VIDEO - with apologies for the looooong delay. Blame floods and the loss of my car in a pothole...
or just blame me ;)

NEGATIVE DRAWING - Part 1

Negative Drawing is, undoubtedly, the best 'white pencil' the graphite artist possesses. And its use has way more benefits.

In three demonstrations, I'll introduce you to both Controlled and Spontaneous negative drawing, with lots of advice on drawing in general.

So, head on over and ...
WATCH THE VIDEO...
(25 minutes)

One more Negative Drawing video to come... and then we move onto Contrast, Mood, and Shadows.

This video is now available for purchase (not that you, as a member, need to buy it) - here's the link for non-members.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Re: NEGATIVE DRAWING: Part 1 OUT NOW!

Post by Laurene »

Another great video Mike! Thanks again for producing these videos for us. They're very much appreciated!!

Oh, and I hope you got that car situation sorted out. Floods are becoming such a regular danger everywhere on the planet. I can't even get flood insurance anymore where I live!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:14 pm Another great video Mike! Thanks again for producing these videos for us. They're very much appreciated!!
Thanks! But I'm still apologetic about how long it took to produce. I partially rewrote it three times while I was making it, but it finally says what I wanted to pass on.
Oh, and I hope you got that car situation sorted out. Floods are becoming such a regular danger everywhere on the planet. I can't even get flood insurance anymore where I live!
This is the third time we've flooded since 2000. Fortunately, the water has not reached our house or the studio, but our fields have been under a foot or two of water (30-60cm). That becomes time-consuming because I can't use my tractor when mucking out donkeys or the poultry, and I have to feed the horses multiple times each day by hand.

My car? I drove over a frozen puddle on our lane. A wheel dropped through the ice and an unseen rock cracked the sump. Two miles later I received a "Stop when safe" warning, but the engine seized before I could do that. That was my treasured 17-year-old Volvo V70 T5! After a lot of searching, I've just replaced it with a 14-year-old Volvo V70 T6. Age doesn't matter - it only has 45,000 miles (72,000 km) on the clock, and one lady owner from new. If age mattered I would have retired 8 years ago :D

Oh, the irony is... I was driving to the next village to collect a free sofa for my studio. I fancied having somewhere comfortable to sit when I'm planning anything, and not have to always work in the office. Turned out to be a very expensive sofa! :roll: :oops:
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Oh no! Between floods, historic heat waves, horrendous forest fires and pandemics there’s never a dull moment!! I’m glad you found a replacement for your car and I hope that sofa was worth the effort. 😄 Enjoy it!