Diamond Firetail

Receive critiques and comments on your Coloured Pencil or Pastel drawings.
LindasPencils

Diamond Firetail

Post by LindasPencils »

The Diamond Firetail is a wee little bird that is fairly common here - saw some up at the local wetlands yesterday and drew this when I got home.
Lana HotPress 300gsm. Staedtler Mars Karat color pencils washed and dry. Staedtler 2H, HB, 2B. No black was used in this, I tried out my new Blackwing Matt pencil, which is about a 4B and gives a lovely dense cover.
The work image size is 10cm x 10cm and it took me about 2 hours to complete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Re: Diamond Firetail

Post by PogArtTi »

Lovely little birds Linda, so your drawing.
I used to keep budgies, and cockatiels when I was young and handsome yet 😉😊
I would keep any other little birds like on your drawing too, but living in the flat is leaving no space to enjoy the hobby.
Unfortunately I kept my birds in the cage, always as large as possible.
I always felt sorry for, I wasn't able to keep them more happy in external enclosure...
It's very nice drawing Linda.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

You have such pretty birds in Australia, and I love the name too. Describes it perfectly!

This is such a lovely drawing Linda, and I like the way you gave us a rough and dangerous texture like the barbed wire to contrast with the softness of your pretty subject. Doesn't need anything else at all to give us a sense of the fragility of the Firetail.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

LindasPencils wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:02 am The work image size is 10cm x 10cm and it took me about 2 hours to complete.
So... just a quick sketch..... NOT :D

If I ever see a bird wearing a brown overcoat over a fancy spotted waistcoat and red tails... I'll know exactly what it is ;)

And what this is... is a beautiful little drawing that's really captured its character.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Thanks Peeps - I have been busy with the Spoons thingie and have missed your comments. But thank you for the kind words.
And this little Firetail sold on opening night!