Bulldog puppy trio

Receive critiques and comments on your Coloured Pencil or Pastel drawings.
Cazza59

Bulldog puppy trio

Post by Cazza59 »

This is my latest attempt at drawing dogs with coloured pencils. My friend took the photo and I couldn't resist asking for permission to draw from it. The blanket in the background was beyond my capabilities so I tried to invent my own version.

Regards,

Carol

LindasPencils

Re: Bulldog puppy trio

Post by LindasPencils »

very cute... and your blanket works well. Excellent colour pencil layering and rendering on the puppies. I also like how you have resisted the bright pink in their noses, toning it down a touch. What works in a photo could have looked odd in the drawing. Really nice work.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

My heart melted when I saw this. Well done! I can tell how much you enjoyed drawing this!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Beautifully drawn indeed!
To me the blanket isn't as much important as the puppies are, so you did the right judgement not to focus on it, whatever the reason Carol 😉
Congratulations!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Bulldog pups... absolutely gorgeous, as is your drawing.

Blanket - good choice. The fluffy one adds nothing and simply detracts from the pups.

The more I look at this the more I admire it. You've done a wonderful job.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net