"Finio"-pyrography(FINISHED)

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Laurene

Re: "Finio"-pyrography(FINISHED)

Post by Laurene »

Sorry I haven’t been around much lately. I’ve been concentrating on work with not much time for art. My personal opinion is I’m glad there was no colour added to this. I really like the natural look. I think this is amazing and not just because it’s only your second work. I hope you continue with pyrography because you have a real talent for it.

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

I've been waiting for those lovely eyers to appear... and the wait was well worth it.

Wonderful work, Artur! And I'm saying that as someone who (well, OK, not me but Jenny :) ) used to breed Poms. You have really caught everything there is to know about the breed.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Thank you Laurene very much for kind words.
The pyrography is very interesting medium to explore, I do agree 👍
So far I can see I'm sometime being inpatient, trying to hurry up, and then I can not revers once burned spots, or I'm losing the focus - it's something to work on.
I think I've improved the fur technique compared to the previous dog portrait, but there's still lots left to think about...
And yes, I think I like to keep pyrography pure, no addition of colour, but I'm consider addition of graphite 🤔
What you think?
Thank you for encourage and believing in me Laurene 👍

Thank you Mike...
Did Jenny breed Pomeranians?!
Wow!
I'm so happy Jenny likes this portrait 😁😁😁 so you do Mike 👍
Thank you for skipping the weak points of this burned art...
I need to improve the fur at my next arts ...

Thank you both Laurene and Mike for giving me your support.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArt wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:31 pm Did Jenny breed Pomeranians?!
She did. And Yorkshire Terriers and Italian Greyhounds. We had a couple of Borzois (Russian Wolf Hounds)too, and almost always a German Shepherd Dog.

I meant to mention the quality of the hair of your Pomeranian earlier... I'm not certain what "improvement" you can make because, given the restrictions of the medium, I think you've rendered it extremely well.
Mike Sibley

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Borzoi !!!
Mike, I used to love them!
I was reading about this breed, and I was amazed that those dogs are so brave so they used to fight the wolves to protect the owner's fields ...
Don't know if this breed is still so brave, I'm certain not the show dogs though 😁
But they were originally for sure 👍
Unfortunately show dogs are losing their original character, it must be common issue I guess.
I've heard of original Caucasian shepherds, that if the passer by saw that dog from far away, he knew he should not meet that dog face to face...

Quite few breeds you were breeding with Jenny! Wow 👍

Regarding the fur Mike...
Well, TBH I wish I could draw the fur the way I do with pencils 🤔
Is it possible?, probably not fully, regarding the difference with medium, but I'm trying adapt the "graphite" technique to pyrography...
Building up the texture of the fur...
At some places I been inpatient, but at some other I was getting close to achieve the efect I wanted...

This is what I wish to improve Mike...
To make my pyrography burned arts as realistic as possible ...

Thank you for your keen words and encouragement my friend.
Best regards to Jenny 👍👍👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

PogArt wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:34 pm Borzoi !!! Mike, I used to love them!
Our Annika once chased a bunch of greyhound-mix Lurchers at Lowther Game Fair in Penrith, Cumbria (we used to have a trade stand there each year)... and overtook them! There was no way those hounds would ever catch up with her :D
Quite few breeds you were breeding with Jenny! Wow 👍
I've just been nudged by a little terrier who lives under my desk... Buster wishes to remind me that he was born here and Jenny bred Parson Russell Terriers too... only the once, and Buster, at 13 years old, is the last survivor. Sorry, Buster! :oops:

This was actually a commission, but the Borzoi on the right looks exactly like our Annika did, and the one in front could be our KarlyAnn.
Borzoi_COMM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Sibley

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Wonderful story indeed!
Those dogs exterior appearance giving imagination of a posh character to me, kind of distinctive look, saloons, castles ... elites 👍
They're beautiful dogs and unique 👍
And they're FAST TOO, lol 😁😁😁

I bet I must had met your *underdesk terrier few years ago 😁😁😁
He has quite good age at present - I wish him best, as this is the last one standing 👍

It's pleasure to read your stories Mike.
Thank you.