Digital Graphite

You can post any drawing-based artwork, such as DIGITAL ART, PYROGRAPHY, ENGRAVINGS, SCRATCHBOARD and any other stylus-produced art. We'll even put up with the occasional painting.... if you insist :)
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
Laurene

Re: Digital Graphite

Post by Laurene »

I'm calling this done. I have to say I really enjoyed working on it and trying to figure out how best to replicate traditional graphite drawing. I know now that I can use this method to produce a finished drawing as well as for quick sketching . It's an alternative to traditional that I think I will continue to develop.

I feel that the back of the goose is not sitting convincingly in the water but I haven't been able to work out how best to address this. I think I'l live with it awhile and a solution may come to me but it's time to move on for now.. I'd love to hear your feedback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Don't know what to say regarding your concern 🤔
The illusion you have.., may come from of too noticeable contrast of white and dark water?
So the white is just too loud/bright and appearing like jumping out of the whole composition 🤔
While I'm comparing this white to the white cheek of your goose, the clue comes to my mind to tone down at least the edge where the "white body" sits on the water, and probably the whole white part is too striking 🤔, too pure, like there's no much of texture, it's making not enough of illussion of the feathers, but the 'solid' surface instead 🤔?
Shading that part down may help you to fit it a bit better to your likeness?
Bear in mind I'm addresing my words only to what you've mentioned Laurene, otherwise I wouldn't say a single word, because I like it as it is, especially the amazingly textured feathers!!!
As usually we can dig into our subjects forever, and still find something to improve 👍
This is just third of your digital attempt if I'm right?
At this early stage of trying things new to you, you will be more or less happier with some of your arts, this is how you'll gain experience 👍
But who am I to tell you things, you're well aware of!
Congratulations Laurene, and thank you for share 👍👍👍
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I agree with you completely concerning the lack of texture. That’s something to work on. Thanks for the input Artur!